Monday, August 5, 2024

February, March, April 2024

 Much of these three months was filled with helping Benjamin finish up school and getting ready for his move to the states and making memories together...

Some carbonara and amatrice at Chianti
Lots of Sunday school lessons taught
End of school celebration! HE DID IT!!
I met one of my former English students for lunch. She insisted that I have dessert. Then I wanted to make sure I remembered where this place was because it was literally the best canoli I have ever had!

Benjamin agreeing to make his mom happy by taking Senior Photos! He didn't last long on the photo shoot, but it made me happy to document his senior year.



The packing begins...and the dogs worry begins
Everyone needed a little gelato
There are certain times a day when the small park near our house is full of different people groups. It's really amazing that so many people groups from all over the world live here.
Benjamin asked to please go as a family to Rome International Church before he moved back. It's not close to our house and the time is the same as the church we regularly attend, but Benjamin often would make this trek himself to go there. Such a pretty day!
Lazy Sunday afternoon all piled in Mom and Dad's room
Benjamin's birthday party included a Minecraft competition...I think Ruthie gave up
Happy 19th birthday



So, I ran out of the requested icing, but did the best I could....it's the trend now, right?!

Well, because sometimes I don't see pictures from my kids' phones unless I stalk them on Instagram. HAHA!
Birthday meal at McDonald's
Jonathan translating a Chinese sermon in to English for a combination service
So proud of these kids! They have been memorizing Scripture each Sunday and got up on Easter and recited EVERY SINGLE ONE!
Easter surprises

Lauren's birthday lunch...Chinese...also her birthday fell on Easter Sunday this year
Easter Sunday
Lauren's firsts time out after her surgery/biopsy

worn out
Lauren's 15th birthday


Her friends know her so well! Her own jar of Nutella and it's a yellow happy birthday one!
and cute little yellow chicks

Hudson, Rachel, Ruthie, Silas, Katherine
Lauren, Eleanora, Leah
everyone got to decorate their own homemade cookie cake


Well, I had to delete a milestone picture here because it's against Italian law to post it, and I am NOT risking it....but....I got my Italian driver's license!!!!

Kevin came over after she got home from the hospital with some "I hope you feel better soon" gifts
Katherine dressing Scout in her vest and the dog loving every minute of it

Not allowed to walk for a bit so lots of bed rest
These pics are in reverse order but...this was the hospital meal...no thanks
Waiting to the procedure
Her super nice semi private room (and thankfully she is a minor so I was allowed to stay with her! THat's my couch bed on the right)
Heading on the train to Modena for the biopsy/surgery
Park play date near our house
Benjamin requested Padinis before moving to America.
beautiful sky/view from our balcony
Catarina turned 4...she's so sweet
We had some crazy storms and the lightning was unreal...this was a really cool picture that someone else got during the storm!
searching through beads
Our happy place! A craft fair came to Rome for 2 days.
on a bus wearing their cute winter coats
Girls breakfast
YUM! 
I went to a ladies event where we all learned to cook the Italian way. It was so good!!
Gift from Benjamin
My birthday
Went to a music concert that an Italain friend invited me to. She did a good job!
Ah Zhen
I got a Katherine original :)
Love my cake (and candles)
No rain during tennis, but looks like it at any moment
Benjamin came to watch her play
Once a year, they add flowers to the Spanish Steps
Sweet Lois
Poor Silas, broke his arm in Pompeii
Graduation gift from Xiao Jun
He saked the girls to help him decorate it

Our friends wanted to celebrate Benjamin before he moved
I often see this site. She picks up so many balls all throughout class
Hot and sweaty but so happy
Hudson's 7th grade class at St. Philips
Awe! We've been so excited for baby Ryan to make his arrival!! They stay home for the first month, so we didn't get to see him in person until we came back from the states.
NaiNai (Kevin's grandmother) LOVES gelato and wanted to go get some. I was full but how can you say no to NaiNai and that smile?!