Sunday, November 21, 2010

Flower Street

A few weeks ago, we went over to a friend's house for dinner and we took a cake. They were impressed and wanted to know if I could help make a cake for her grandmother's 91st birthday. I said that I would love to. Katherine came and helped eat the icing that did not go on the cake.

The daughter of my friend did the artwork....not bad for a first ever cake! She later came over and said that her entire family loved it :)

So, we decided to go (on a Saturday...one of the busiest days of the week) to flower street. We thought we would take the bus because it is pretty easy and much cheaper than a taxi. The bus pulled up and I was not sure one person would squeeze in...but somehow, all of us and several others found a nook and a cranny to get into. Katherine ended up sitting in someone's lap (she was not pleased about this).

We finally got there and walked down flower street. I have been before, but the children had not been. Benjamin said that he was going to buy me a flower before we left.

We were very excited to find a little shop on flower street that was selling Christmas decorations. The kids have been making Christmas cards for each other ever since. The lady at the store put the tree skirt around Benjamin and tied it. He thought it was funny. I wonder if she knows what it is actually for :) Who knows. We did buy some little red bows there, and Jonathan was very excited to find some garland to decorate the house with. I'm sure you will see pictures sometime soon!

Benjamin did in fact buy me roses. What a sweet boy. He was really wanting to buy me some blue roses with silver sparkles because he knows blue is my favorite color, but the blues ones were much more expensive. He decided he would rather get me three red ones instead of one blue one.

Katherine has been asking to go swimming for 2 weeks now (the pools are not open this time of year). So, she starting asking for a bath instead. We have no bath tub, so we found the biggest tub we could at the time and squeezed her in it. She had a blast.

A Katherine quote:
Mommy: Which foot is that (pointing to Katherine's foot)?
Katherine: The left
Mommy: Good! Which foot is that (pointing to her other foot)?
Katherine: The wrong one
Mommy: No, that's your right foot!
Katherine: (quite emphatically) No! It's the WRONG one!

Regan getting her hair brushed after her shower (note Mommy's new hair cut) Regan was preparing to read everyone their card that she made for them...she even made one for herself and it said, "I love you". haha :) We thought it was funny.
Now, we are preparing for Thanksgiving! We are very excited to have some "special" foods soon!