Monday, January 10, 2011

Back into Routines

This week has been spent getting back into a normal routine. The kids started back to school after having 2 weeks off and we started back with our tutor after having a week off. It was a much needed break for us from the language. We still used the language, but we now feel refreshed and ready to go again. I have to say that the last few days of class was a struggle. I kept forgetting how to say things that I have known for a while now.
On Katherine's first day back, she received this certificate and all of her artwork for the semester. I am told that in preschool all the kids get one of these, but the reason will be different for each child. When the children are in grade school, only one or two are given per class for doing excellent work, so it is a special "prize."
It has also been cold here this week. That has made it even more difficult to get into our routine. It just really is harder to get up and dressed in the mornings when it is cold :)


We have spent time playing with our new dog. Katherine doesn't usually like to play with him, but she will occasionally ask if she can hold it. It really is a good dog. Regan and Benjamin like to run back and forth jsut to watch it follow them. Lauren is constantly asking for the dog, too. She calls him "go" which is how you say dog in the local language.

The girls decided to put themsleves to bed a little early thinking I would not notice and they could all sleep together in the tent. I "found" them. They were cute, but the older two did not get to "keep" Lauren in their room. I know better :)
I did not even take many pictures this week. So, this is all I have for this week.