Sunday, June 19, 2011

Surprises

Well, the order of this blog is not exactly how I intended, but you will have to bear with me. It's either leave it this way or wait and try to reload pictures tomorrow. SO, we are just going to leave it. We had several little surprises this week...and this was one of them. A friend sent Lauren tons of Little Swimmers! I think she is set for the entire summer :) Hooray! It was so funny. She knew that they were all for her, too. She was very proud of them.


Here's the work they have been doing outside our apartment. We did find out that is will not be a high rise, but instead will be some type of gymnasium. That's about all the info we have gathered so far. The kids have really enjoyed watching what all goes on in the process of building a building (and we have a bird's eys view...literally).


This was an older picture that one of my friends just gave me. It was from her daughter's birthday party and ALL these girls were INSIDE the elevator. I'm sure it doesn't seem like a lot, but to see them all pile out was quite the site.



Another surprise this week...FRUIT LOOPS! I think it was the quietest breakfast I have ever had. The ate every single bite and drank the milk and scraped every single little crumb into their mouths. Someone asked them what their favorite serial was and none of them had an answer. I think it is because they only have 2 choices here, so when they hear about all these different "kid" cereals, they don't know what to think. But they sure did enjoy every bite. :) Oh, in case you were wondering what cereal we eat here...Corn Flakes or Raisin Bran.


Yet another surprise. Saturday morning roles around and the kids actually slept in! It was wonderful! We woke up at 730am and walked into the kitchen to find that only 3 of the kids had slept in. The fourth...you can see who...got a stool, climbed onto the counter, got a box of corn flakes, found the sugar and mixed it with the flour, got paint and painted her lips pink, her hands, and her feet, and a little bit in her hair. Then, she decided to clean up her mess and used hand soap AND dish soap and created an even bigger mess. She wasn't sure if she was in trouble, but she got very excited when she found out that she "had to have a bath."


After her bath, she and Katherine played most of the morning together. And yes, that is a fuzzy blanket on her bed, and I'm not sure why. The temperature today was 100 and the temp tomorrow is supposed to be the same with a heat index of 122. And I wonder why we sweat as we are drying off in the shower. Every night I think to myself..."I never would have dream that I would purposefully take a really cold shower and enjoy it so much"


Katherine went to her best friend's birthday party. It was a gily girl party and you had to wear a dress. They had fun. It was really funny to wacth them try to play the telephone game.


Jonthan had a class that he was helping to teach one night, so the kids and I had pizza, ate popcorn, and watched Super Friends. It was a fun and relaxing.


Father's Day! We celebrated by taking Dad out for lunch (and Lauren was helping him catch a taxi). The kids all made him cards and drew pictures. So, where did we take him for lunch?...


McDonald's :) I know. So fancy. But we all enjoyed the Mcflurry or Icecream Sunday.



Another surprise in the mail...the kids got postcards from some friends in London! They knew how excited Regan got about the Royal Wedding and how she was trying to take pictures with the phone of the computer which we were trying to see the wedding. Anyways. They sent her collectors addition stamps from London of the Royal Couple.


Just a random picture of this little guy. I saw him on the way to class today. We now know the local name for him because I asked my teacher. Now the question is: in English, is he a gecko or a lizzard. You decide. :)