Monday, October 24, 2011

Uncharacteristic

Well, this was a very uncharacteristic week for me...I took almost no pictures all week! Since I did not have pictures to jog my memory, Jonathan helped me recall our week. First, the picture above. I have no idea what day it was, but Lauren went to get a cup of water from the water machine to give "baby a drink." She was very upset when I told her that baby could not have the water. Then I saw her with Baby and realized that Baby NEEDED the water because she had already brushed her teeth. This is just one of the MANY cute and mischevious things Lauren gets into EVERY day! :)

Jonathan agreed to help a little 10 year old with his English on Friday night. The kid was going to come over at 8:30 so, we figured that all the kids could be in bed by then. Well, we had them all headed that way...in pj's...when at 8:10 there is a knock at the door. I still thought I could get them all asleep, but the kid showed up with his mom and they brought a friend to play with our kids until the "English Lesson" was over. So, it was a very tiring night, but fun to meet some new people. The kids finally got in bed at 10:30.

Regan also had a sleepover with a friend from school. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures...especially since the sleepover was here!

We also went swimming with a local family. All the outdoor pools are closed because it is "cold" (low's in the 70's highs in the 80's and 90's) The kids were excited. We went prepared with our swim caps and towels, but were surpised when (after paying the admission and showering and getting to the pool) they would not let Benjamin or Jonathan swim because their swimsuits were American style. (FYI we have been to this pool before and they both swam with the same swimsuits) We argued for a while, but to no avail. Our friend was on her way to buy them swimsuits at the gift shop. I knew that when she headed that way that we were not going to win the fight. So, Jonathan went with her and Jonathan bought a new swimsuit for Benjamin (Jonathan just sat in the lobby until we were all finished swimming). I didn't think Benjmamin would wear it, but he did and looked kindof cute in it. After we got home, Benjamin went to the little boy's house to play (all by himself). This is the first for him. He even ate lunch over there.

Jonathan and I had a date. We took the afternoon off from class one day and went to eat lunch. We to a little Italian place and it was really good. We were also the only ones there :) but it was good. WE took some of my clothes to a tailor to see if they could alter them. Most of them they said no, but they are going to try on two pairs of pants and are going to make me a pair of capris. The verdict is still out on the results. I can pick them up in 10 days. After that, we went for a 70 minute foot massage. It was GREAT! And the best part is that it only cost about 6 USD! I might have to get another one of those sometime! :)

We also said goodbye to some friends who were moving back to the States. Since they were moving, they were selling all of their furniture. We got a great deal on a new table. We have really enjoyed eating at it this week and there is plenty of elbow room and room for guests! (the picture is below)