Monday, March 12, 2012

Women's Day

So, it was International Women's Day and they actually celebrate it. I thought that kind of thing was just on a calendar :) Aparently many places actually give women the day off to go shop and have fun with their friends. Who knew! The day before the holiday, Katherine's school had a special day for all the moms, aunts, and grandmas. Katherine was supposed to bring a picture of just me and her to her school. They never told me about this...I was only told about a drawing that we were supposed to do together...but she was right. Her teachers needed 2 pictures of us with no one else in them. I was actually really happy that Katherine understands so much. One day she's going to come out of her shy little shell and sound just like a local! :)
One of our other pictures...
I have to say that I have never seen hotdogs in a jar before, but nevertheless, these claim to be real American hot dogs. I still wasn't brave enough to try them (let alone fork out the money for them). I was just excited to see something so American on a shelf in the store. Maybe they will still have them when the 4th of July rolls around :)
Benjamin is playing his DS and Lauren is taking good notes so that she can sneak his DS while he is at school and play it.
So, this was a new little friend that came to play with Regan on Saturday. It was quite the play date. She and her mom came over for a while and we talked and got to know each other. Then my neighbor came over and we all talked some more. Then another knock on the door and it was a hall way full of guests for my neighbor, so she left but the little 3 yr old girl wanted to come in and play. So, she walked right on in and her family went to my neighbors house. A few minutes later, another knock at the door, and it was a few of Regan's local friends. They came right on in and started playing. We had quite the houseful. They were playing games, painting, doing crafts, watching Dora in Chinese, and just playing with whatever they could. It was a lot of fun.
Someone brought us ALL of these strawberries to eat! YUM! I have never seen so many stawberries in this country. We searched for months last year and could not find them. We have found them since then but only really small ones. I felt like I should have been selling these out on the street I had so many. We were able to share and freeze some, too. (I'm trying to plan ahead this year for my American flag cake)
Lauren got her first birthday card. She is showing off her 3 US dollars for turnign 3 years old (soon).
Her card also had a punch out Minnie Mouse crown. Too cute!
We also got a care package in the mail. The kids were so excited about everything (Benjamin is below do a his happy dance) We just love all the orange that has managed to stay in our family. We may live far away, but we are trainign our kids to be Volunteers :)