Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Week's Adventures

I took Mom to the morning market this week. You can find all kinds of things there...food, clothes, shoes, meat, veggies, etc.
One of the things you can buy there are snakes. We thought it was funny to see this lady asleep with her feet on top of the snakes.
You can also buy all kinds of beans and other dry goods.
And of coarse, you can buy chickens. I guess these people were having a party or something because they bought several chickens and then threw them in the back of their van.
I also got to go to a wedding! (via computer) My college roommate got married this weekend and she set it up online so that I could go. I was probably the only one attending in my pj's. I wish I could have been there, but this was the next best thing. We are so thankful for the technology we have today that makes things like this possible. Oh, and yes, I ended up waking Jonathan up with my picture taking at 4am! I just couldn't help myself.
So here are ALL of my college roomies. Jenny Moore, Carrie Shields, and Kelly Harrison I love this picture! It is so good. You guys look beautiful!
We also took Grandmommy to one of our favorite parks (which is really an old house) The kids alwasy find new places to explore.
Benjamin and Grandmommy
My beautiful girl! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up!
Another beautiful girl!
The fish were really hungry this day. They were all swimming on top of each other and on top of the water. I just loved to hear the kids laugh. I coul dhave fed them all day long just to hear them having so much fun.
The peacock at the park was trying to impress everyone. He was giving quite the show with his feathers. He was so pretty.
The older two kids had a fundraiser at their school for a local orphanage. They had face painting, food, and a pie throwing contest. They raised a lot of money. Regan wants to start volunteering at an orphanage sometime and Benjamin asked the director of the orphanage if he could have a little boy baby to take home. Such sweet kiddos with such sweet hearts...I hope to get them involved with something like this soon.
More face painting
Lauren finally got up the courage to get her face painted. She got little butterflies on her cheeks, Katherine got a big butterfly, Regan got dolphins, and Benjamin was Batman :)
Katherine had a school field trip. This was definately the best field trip so far. They took 13 buses (maybe more) to an amusement park in another city. We caused quite the traffic jam trying to load up so many little kids.
We were so excited to get there!
We got to see all kinds of replicas of housing and famous places and Katherine got to dress up.
She got to shoot a real bow and arrow (and won a prize...I think they just wanted to give her a prize) :)
She also got to ride a horse before the mock battle on horses....this was probably my favorite part. It was a fun littel show.
And they even had a man made waterfall, but they could have fooled me. It was done very well.
So we had another fun and busy week. I can't wait to see what this week has in store for us :)