Monday, December 3, 2012

Nemo Hedgehog

 
Yes, it is a strange blog title.  There really is a reason behind this one.  We babysat again for my friend.  We watched a 1.5yr old and her 6 yr old big sister (above).  The kids had a great time playing together.  We got a kick out of the youngest girl because she copied EVERYTHING we said no matter what language we used.  The kids also thought it was funny and at the dinner table Benjamin said, "Nemo Hedgehog." It really was quite funny to hear it come out of her mouth.  She has the cutest little voice.
 Benjamin playing ball with some local college age guys.  He finally has some boys to play with ;)
 I just had to get a picture of this wok.  I had no idea they made them so big!!!  People are always amazed that our wok is so small (I thought it was big) because we have to feed 6 people.   
 Here we are practicing for our performance in two weeks.  We will be singing "Joy to the World" and "This is the Day" in both languages.  The performance is some kind of music thing/talent show.  I'll let you know after it's over :)  I also think it is funny that the front row of adults is posing and the back row is talking. 
I couldn't pass up this shot.  The kids all got home from school (yes, they got to school all bundled and stay that way until dinner).  Lauren wanted to watch a movie and was so enjoying watching "The 12 Dancing Princesses"  She love sot dance so this movie just made her day.  If you want a glimpse into her little personality, here is a link to a recent video of her playing/dancing in the house: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ApCS3rn0dc&feature=youtube_gdata
 
This is just a random culture picture.  My friend was showing me her pictures of her baby from birth to now and this shot was in there.  I had to get a picture of it myself to share with you guys.  They really do this!  It is so strange to me.  After a baby is born in the hospital, they put a floatie around their neck and they "go swimming" for awhile.  They do this several times while they are in the hospital.  I am told that it is because it will make the baby feel like they are back in the mother's womb.  Hmmm.