Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finally!

 We finally are able to get pictures back up!!  Yeah!  I kept trying, but today was the first day that it worked.  Here are a few from the past few weeks...
 This is what a well looks like in the city.  Don't worry, we don't get our water from here, but many people still do.  I wouldn't trust that it is clean.  If you look closely, there is a while hat on top of the grate.  You can lower it down to the water and fill up whatever buckets you brought with you.  Apparently construction hats have many uses...just last week, I saw a guy washing his car.  He had a construction hat filled with water and a washcloth and he was scrubbing the car.
 This lady wanted a picture of her baby next to Regan and her doll.
This was from the kids street hockey class the other day.
Katherine, the next Sheddan chef.
These are some of Lauren's classmates.  They were all watching the races.
After the races, there was a guy outside the school making these birds out of play dough.  It was fun to watch and quite impressive.  I let the kids buy one to share.  This time of year is pretty festive, so we see lots more vendors outside selling random things. 
Katherine and Lauren holding their bag of chocolate gold coins.
The last day of school, we also got to see Katherine in her skating class at school.  She did really good.  It was a bit of organized chaos, but still fun.
Lauren decided to play dress up this week.  I believe in one day she wore every dress up outfit we own....but I believe that seeing her in this was one of my favorites :)  I can't believe Benjamin was wearing this when we moved here.
This is my favorite picture of the week.  I got up on Saturday and the kids were already up and getting ready.  Benjamin helped Lauren get dressed and was fixing her hair.  It was too sweet.  She would only let him help her.  He was trying so hard to brush through all those curls.