Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Great Mother's Day

I know this is seemingly a little late, but I had a wonderful, packed Mother's Day!  So, here's a little peek of what I did!  First, I went to a cookout for "moms", but it was really a group of teachers that asked me to come.  They asked me to come once a week to teach the English teachers English.  They were a fun bunch and I think it is a good opportunity. 
Here's a look at the delicious food they grilled.  Truthfully, I have never had green beans on the grill, but they were delicious! 
We had some crazy flooding last week.  It's that time of year when the sky literally just opens up and we can get several inches within an hour.  Usually, it does that and then it passes quickly.  Last week, it forgot to pass.  I was picking the kids up from school and we tried to get a picture from the bus (but does not do it justice).  All the roads were completely covered and the cars were driving on the sidewalk to try to stay above the water.  Needless to say, there was a drainage problem and this week they have been doing lots of repairs so that it does not flood again.
So, after all that rain, we decided it was time to get a raincoat for Lauren.  It's a little big, but she can grow into it.
This was the best Mother's Day gift ever...we spent the morning together, ate lunch, then J and the kids let me pack up to go work with a medical clinic.  It was my first time "translating"  I did have some cheat notes because I have not studied some of the technical medical terms before.  It was so much fun!  I can tell many awesome stories sometime.
This little guy was adorable and my little buddy.  He has a hole in his heart that will hopefully close up on its own.
Hard at work :)
I got to tour a factory.  That was fun.  It's not a common thing to get to do, so I was excited about that, too.
Random parts..
Katherine's class had a special day for me to come watch her class.  This was snack time.  She loves her oranges.
Her class showed us how high they could jump. 
Katherine made me some doughnuts during her class.  She later gave it to me with a coupon booklet for 1 free hug and 1 free kiss.  Regan, Benjamin, and Lauren also made me some sweet cards and gave the best hugs.
This is just a random shot from the little girls school.  It still amazes me to see these little guys going into school by themselves and carrying their backpacks and blankets. 
These are some of our friends on Mother's Day morning.  We had just had lunch and were about to leave.  So this is my Mother's Day picture this year ;)  Loved every minute!