Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm Way Behind!

Wow! So much has happened that I can't even possibly cover it all. On September 24, Katherine turned 6 years old!  She wanted a monkey birthday and a piñata. Only in America, could I pull that one off ;)  Oh, an I took the easy way out and ordered the cake. 

 It's the birthday girl going after the monkey piñata.
 Kayla had some good hits, but ultimately it was her mom, Aunt Jenny, that busted the monkey open.
I think she had been planning her attack plan for the candy  for awhile.  Smart Girl :)
 We also celebrated Bryan's birthday.  He turned 4 on the same day as Katherine. 
 We had a college reunion at our home, watched a little Tennessee football, ate some food, and got to know some of the newest members of the "crew"
 The kids made some new friends.
We made a trip to Washington D.C. to study a little American history.  It was a fun trip and we barely got it in before the government shutdown.  We took tons of pictures, but could not take pictures at the Pentagon.  That was on the kids list of "want to see"
Our family outside the White House
 This was the highlight of the trip for Benjamin.  We went to the International Spy Museum.  You are actually looking at "Billy Henderson" above :) Everyone was given a new identity and taught some of the tricks of the trade.  It was interesting to all except Lauren.  She said it was "soooooo boring."  They had a section for the James Bond fans as well.  Benjamin doesn't know who that is, but he is a fan of his car. 
 I don't remember which museum this was in (we went to several), but it was a cool display.  My favorite exhibit was getting to see the original Star Spangled Banner. 
 We were glad for a few places to let the kids run around and get energy out.  Although, Lauren was over the trip and not wanting to be in any pictures.
At the end of all of our D.C. excursions, I asked Lauren what her favorite part of the trip was.  She excitedly said, "THE GIFT SHOP!"  Such a girl :)


After we got back, we met Mamaw and Papaw and Auntie Em to celebrate Papaw's birthday.  We went to my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary and saw many relatives that I have not seen in awhile.  Grandmommy visited for a few days.  Granddad and Mammy came for a few days. I have sooo many more pictures that I haven't even put on the computer yet.  I thought I would go ahead and post a few pictures or I would be really far behind.