Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Break is Over

 We have two very happy girls!  They have been waiting a long time for this day to finally arrive.  Katherine is in the oldest grade of Kindergarten and Lauren is in the middle grade.  The first day back to school and Katherine was chosen to put the flag up on the flagpole.  She was so excited.  Only kids in the oldest grade are eligible.  When I asked Lauren what she did at school, her response was, "The whole school got to watch Katherine put the flag up."
 The annual "parade' was last week.  The kids wanted to go again.  Jonathan and I were not as enthusiastic about it, but decided to go.  We found a decent spot to watch...we were an hour earlier and only 3 rows of people back.  It did not take long for people to notice our kids and the 3 shorter ones (yes, that is Benjamin in the hoodie) ended up getting front row seats.
 This is a majority of what the parade consisted of...groups of people wearing matching jackets, waving little flags and carrying a banner describing who they are.
 We also had Valentine's Day...I think we were the only ones that celebrated it this year :)  Jonathan got me some beautiful flowers and some chocolate.
 One of the joys of having kids...you never know what you are going to find where and who put it there.  These little toy frogs have been my companions on my sink for the past week...and I know that Katherine put them there.  It just makes me smile every time I see them there.
We made one more blanket this week.  My friend really enjoyed getting to make it.  I'm sure she will get plenty of use out of it this week.  We had a false alarm of warmer weather...got up to 50,,,but the cold came right back the next day.