Thursday, November 6, 2014

Drama and Halloween Fun

This is one of Lauren's new friends.  They are in the same dance class together.  She is a really sweet girl and age wise is exactly in between Katherine and Lauren.  Katherine enjoys playing with her, too, but Lauren doesn't really want to share this friend ;)
Regan doing one of the things she loves...practice writing characters!  She already can write more than I can from memory, but I'm still ahead on oral language :)  We make a good team.
A little homeschool shot.  The cat is worn out.
Speaking of the cat...Drama. Day 1: We thought "how cute" the cat found the hamster.  Day 2: I come into the room to find that the cat has knocked the cage into the floor and the hamster (aka "the mouse") is running all over the room.  I grab the cat and call for Benjamin to catch the mouse.  All is good and we take advantage of the opportunity to clean the cage real good.  Day 3: I am putting away clothes in the girls room when the cat comes prancing in with the hamster IN his mouth!!  I say Charlie's name loudly.  He drops the mouse.  It takes off running.  The cat catches it again.  (insert lots of pitiful squeaking noises here) I catch the cat.  The cat drops the mouse from about 4 feet in the air.  It runs under some stuffed animals.  I call for Benjamin who catches it in record time.  Once the hamster is safely returned to his cage, we assure Charlie that he is a very good cat and he didn't know that this mouse was a pet and supposed to be in the house.  ;)  There's always something going on in the Sheddan house!  For those of you wondering.  We have learned our lesson (finally) and the cat cannot get to the hamster anymore.
A little homeschool for Supergirl.
What is more fun than making some sugar cookies!
Yes, you do see a gingerbread man and a shamrock, but hey, why not? :)
I am fascinated to watch Lauren as she does math a completely different way than I ever did.  She is still in the local school (and also home schools)   I may get it figured out eventually.
I am glad that she is interested in learning to read!
One of my favorites...the Pirate Fairy, Super Girl, King Fergus from Brave, Tinker Bell, and Darth Vader.  What a crew!!
Even Bunny got in on the Halloween action :)
In character, of coarse.
Knocking on the doors INSIDE our home.
Jonathan was in one room, Ayi in one, and I was in the other.  The kids had so much fun getting to pretend to go trick or treating.
My friend's mom made each of the girls a bag.  They are really cute and sturdy.
This really is one of the best cats ever.  It puts up with so much.  Lauren had him sleeping on the doll bed.
The cat is definitely not lacking in the love department.
Super Girl trying out her flying skills!
This is one of my favorites.  Katherine has taken to the cat more than all the others.  I was a little surprised at first, but then I remembered that she is my mini me.
We had some beautiful clouds in the sky one day last week.  It's the first things that all of my kids noticed when we went outside.  This week has been a different story.  It's been overcast and drizzly, but it has brought a welcomed relief from the heat!