Wednesday, March 11, 2015

From Here to There

Well, we have slowly recovered from our jet lag from the States back to here.  We were able to squeeze in several things at the very end of the trip including family pictures!  There were several that we liked, and this is one of them.
Hudson's love for giraffes has continued to grow.  This was his bed in the States.  He brought one of them back with us and he sleeps with it every night.
We were able to see some old friends. It's hard to believe that Regan is already taller than Hannah.
We had to get the "Benjamins" picture :)
This has to be one of my new favorites.  I love the look on Benjamin's face.
Now, this pictures requires the story.  While we were in the States, Lauren and Benjamin both got an early birthday present from Grandmommy.  When we got back home, Hudson wanted to know why he didn't get one.  I told him that they had birthdays coming up soon and got an early present.  He said, "I have never had a birthday."  He was so serious and contemplative when he said it and said it several more times as he thought through what having a birthday meant.  So, we decided, if they can have and early birthday, then he can have a late one....and one for each year he missed....hence the 1-5 candles.
If you can't tell in this picture, he was so excited!
He loved the big deal we made over him and wanted every one to wear a hat...NO EXCEPTIONS!
Then a few days later, I had a birthday.  I got just what I wanted...a cookie cake!
I had a little helper to blow out my candles.
We got to have a great lunch visit with some dear friends as we were headed to Atlanta for the trip back.
Hudson and cousin Caleb
My two peas in a pod.
We discovered that Hudson loves Mexican food....especially spicy salsa...who knew!
We enjoyed seeing some of the decoration still up from CNY.