Saturday, April 2, 2016

I've Done it Again

Well, I've done it again.  I haven't been able to get the blog up as quickly as I would have liked.  Yesterday, we celebrated Lauren's birthday and tomorrow we will celebrate Benjamin's birthday.  I am going to save that for the next blog and catch you up on the other stuff (since I haven't transferred my pics gets from the phone) So...
 These first few pictures are from our last day in Malaysia.  I wanted to get the kids pictures because they inadvertently coordinated :)
 Hudson was so excited that he was "taller" than Lauren!  It helped that he was on the curb and she was on the street ;)
 A quick family picture before heading out in the car.
 Mamaw and Papaw drove us to the airport.  We asked someone to please take a group shot for us.
 Haha! We couldn't pass up the chance for a picture of J and K getting ready to depart the airport ;)
 These guys crashed on the plane.  I think I did, too, but I think no one was quite as comfortable as Hudson made himself.
 We got back to our home around midnight only to find that the weather had changed while we were gone and our home was covered in mold.  It was on every ceiling and wall in the house and everything in the house (including bedsheets) was wet!
 So, after we woke up the next morning, everything was put on hold except the deep cleaning of mold.  Jonathan went out to a German store where he had seen Tilex mold and mildew remover and bought 3 bottles of it.  I spent the next 48 hours on a ladder spraying that stuff into a towel and then scrubbing the walls/ceilings.  I took this picture to show the difference between the cleaned section and not.  The Tilex literally ate through 3 entire towels...just disintegrated...so hopefully, that means it killed all that mold!
 On the second day of cleaning mold, we felt we got it all.  I hopped on a bus and went to the airport to pick up Grandmommy!  We had some happy kiddos :)
 I'm pretty sure that the last time we saw Grandmommy Regan was just about as tall as her.  I think Regan is now a hair taller.
 Grandmommy with the grandkids
 When we got back the Lauren and Benjamin were so excited that there was a not in the mailbox saying we had packages.  Lauren opened an outfit and Bubble Magic from Granddad and Mammy.
 Regan was also excited because she bought (with her own money) another American Girl doll (Samantha) and asked Granddad to send it in the next birthday box.

Grandmommy brought a few surprises, too!  Hudson was beyond excited about his "baby that looks like him" and his new book!
 We had some friends over for an egg hunt and for dying some real eggs.
 It was their first egg hunt and they were so excited!
 Benjamin found the enormous prize egg with extra candy.
 Lauren finding some eggs
 Everyone dying their eggs
 This made me laugh.  I didn't even notice that they were sitting the same way until I was looking through the pictures later.  I think it might have been the only time that they were sitting down at the same time.
 My best friend here :)
 Hudson and his masterpieces
 Ayi watching the kids have fun
 Learning the art of dying eggs
 Two friends
 Regan and Jonathan
 My friend was surprised that Regan could lift her 9 year old daughter.  Regan said that she could lift her also and preceded to do so.  Oh the laughter that followed...
 Regan let Hudson borrow a taekwondo outfit for his baby
 This was Katherine's super cool egg AFTER she peeled it.  It obviously had a crack when it got dyed, but it sure made it fun to eat.
 The girls bought half of a pineapple on a stick from a street vendor (behind them)...currently costs about 50 cents each.
 Trying to document the bumpy ride
 And proof that we made it in one piece....motorcycles are so much safer!
 Easter morning!  This little girl was the first upend dressed and just sat by her basket until the rest of us woke up.  I noticed later that she forgot to take her pj pants off...I'm glad she remembered before we walked out the door :)
 Regan
 Benjamin
 Easter morning pictures
 Easter pictures with Grandmommy
 Easter family shot
 Oh, he loves her....I should say he loves being spoiled by her :)
 One of our favorite people...Hudson loves that she has a car.  He is determined to drive it one day.
 Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day...perfect for an egg hunt with the real eggs.

 One of our friends stopped by and wanted a photo before he left.  I thought it turned out good (and the dog is even in this one)


 I thought I would take a picture of some of the "strange architecture" since we occasionally drive by it.  I thought if it's one of 15 buildings that made CNN's story, then I should have a picture of it, too.
 city view in a nearby city
 We were able to meet some friends that we made last year when we were adopting Hudson.  They are adopting 2 more boys this year.  It was really great to see them again and meet their new sons!
 Hudson loved the ice-cream cone as big as him.
 Katherine found this chocolate bunny (at the 5 star hotel that we met our friends in) and thought it was so cute.  She was super happy that their was a grandparent here that wanted to spoil her a bit ;)
 The kids got a package from some friends and had so much fun opening their birthday gifts!
 Lauren got some Cinderella stuff and was so happy.  I was trying to video her opening it (because I knew what it was) and I ran out of memory.  Oh well.
 ALL the kids had cards in the package which was a big surprise!
Even more of a surprise that they had money in them!  Happy Kiddos!
 Taekwondo day
 All the kids were spread out practicing certain sections of their routine.  I loved the concentration on Benjamin's face.
 And Lauren had such a serious face until she saw us watching through the bars.
 Nothing like a little macaroni for breakfast.
 Benjamin was so happy to finally solve this puzzle!!  He has had it for 2 years and it has had him stumped.  He did it!!!
 Ayi and all the girls went out to dance....people gather in all the parks and open spaces in every city around 7:30 and dance for about an hour.
 Even Grandmommy tried it :)
This is a typical night dancing outside.
 And then you have your guy at the park that writes sayings all over the sidewalk with a bucket of water and his huge brush....so much hard work just to watch it evaporate.

 Lauren wasn't ready to leave after the dancing was over, so she and Ayi did a little dancing together.
 And afterwards you are typically able to meet many people
 This was the look she had when I told her good night and this was the last time I would see her as a 6 year old because when she woke up she would be 7 :)
 Just full of cuteness!
And big news!!!  Hudson lost his first tooth!!!  He is so excited and is hoping for more to come out soon (He likes that he got money for his tooth)