Monday, May 23, 2016

Catching Up

 Life has been a bot crazy to say the least.  Really, I haven't even had time to think about what's been going on or to put it on the blog even.  So, this is my attempt to somewhat catch you up...but really doesn't cover half of it.  This picture just says it all.  He just LOVES the new blue and white taxis.  You would think that we ride in them all the time, but it's actually quite rare.  He got to be the very first passenger in this taxi.  No, really.  I'm not kidding.  See the plastic still covering the seats?  The driver still had is uniform folded nicely in the plastic wrap on the back seat.  He asked us not to sit on it.  haha!
 "Quick! Did you get my picture by the taxi before he left?"
 When we picked Lauren up from class, she had been given her official certificate from the Beijing School of Ballet.  She passed level 2 and is working on level 3.  She can't wait to pass one more level.  She is about to go crazy waiting to wear the "tippy toe" shoes :)
 We had a great dinner with some friends and spent an evening laughing and having fun.  We played some games and came to the conclusion that we should try to make this a more regular thing....wish they didn't live so far away.
 The kids were excited to see an old friend come back :)
 Happy Mother's Day!  Katherine is alway smacking and creating things.  She has such a giving spirit.  I loved my gift (and she knows me well....a kitty right at the top)  :)
 The reverse stair step...they are almost even!!
 I didn't get a step, but I got a picture with my kiddos on Mother's Day :)
 I got to ride in the back of the taxi with these two cuties
 People watching can be interesting sometimes...I don't think I have ever seen anyone use a feather duster to clean the engine of a car before.  I guess he really didn't want in dust in there!
 The girls have been working on going through their stuff deciding what is "keep" "give away" and "trash"  They still have along ways to go, but have done a great job going through everything.  Lauren wanted a picture with nearly everything before she made a decision.
 Ayi bought the kids ice-cream.  I couldn't remember why at first, but it was a treat from her for donating some of their stuff to kids in need.
 Yes, this is how I have to fix her hair now.  She used to use that stool to reach the potty when she was little.  Now, I am using the same stool so I can reach her head for a good pony tail.  She can do it, but if she still wants Mama's help, she's going to get it ;)
 This just made me nervous....he's just way too small to be using a box cutter!
 sitting in the pigeon seat while we wait for Lauren's performance to start
 They really wanted to ride the sky wheel.  I told them that they would have to setts for just a picture this time.
 Lauren was so happy that a few of our friends came to watch the show by the river!
This picture just made me laugh.  Daniel looks thrilled to be there!  I actually think he was mostly annoyed that his sister put the hat on him sideways.
 These kids are always looking for a chance to ride a moped
 Benjamin added in and Katherine thought it was a little too tight ;)



 Corry, Daniel, and Bonnie with the kids (minus Benjamin) in the random boat on the sidewalk.

 Look Mom! I built a car all by myself!
 Oh! What have you done to the Oreo!  It keeps getting thinner and thinner!!  Why can't they make double stuff here! ;)
 We took a day trip to Hong Kong to visit Mamaw and Papaw...it was Mamaw's birthday and we needed an excuse to celebrate! :)
 Just some market shots
 We found the Hard Rock and ate at it.  No one left hungry that's for sure!
 What do you know....another ferris wheel!
 This time, the kids got to ride.  The only bummer is that they would not let us all in one car....8 was the max and they wouldn't let us put Hudson on a lap.
 Great view though
 There is the other cabin :)


 This is Hudson telling Papaw the books of the Bible.  He's a pretty amazing kiddo!
 We took a ferry to a different part of HK


 Haircuts for the boys...the one on the left begs to go every day, the one on the right begs not to ever go.  They are so funny.
 I found this on the phone....apparently, this was the attempt at sleeping without sucking a thumb.
This boy and cars!  Too much cuteness right here.