Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September Begins

What a way to end the summer than with a care package and birthday present for Katherine!  We said the spices were for Jonathan, but in all actuality, we ALL love them because he makes such deliciousness with them :)  Thanks Marsha and Judy!
Katherine enjoyed opening her birthday cards and earrings (yes, it's early, but she cannot wait)  We also got streamers!!!  YEAH!  I love decorating for parties and we had used up all of our streamers that we brought with us from the States.  what perfect timing!
We are still getting settled into our new community and starting.  Our complex had a movie night before the school year started back up, so we all went down partly to watch the movie and partly in hopes of meeting some of our neighbors.  The management even brought out fresh fruit for everyone to eat.
My children are fascinated with this bouncy ball machine!  They have to spend their own money if they want one.  I think that Hudson only spends his money on this...if he saves up more than a coin it burns a hole in his pocket! ;)
Just another bus stop picture.  Pretty soon they are not all going to fit on one bench!
The kids all went outside to skate.
Those dots down there are them skating :)
My sweet husband bought me flowers for no reason :)  I woke up one morning and they were sitting on my desk with a note that said "Good Morning"  A good day.
Katherine and Hudson were in a wedding.  Katherine was a junior bridesmaid and Hudson was the flower BOY :)  We were in a taxi heading towards the hair salon for Katherine.
A tradition at several weddings we have been to...every guest chooses an ink color and puts their thumbprint and signature as leaves on a tree so that the bride and groom have a fun way to remember who came to the wedding.  It's a unique kind of guestbook :)
Hudson and Katherine just before the wedding...Katherine did not like that they made her hair "poofy" on top but I think she ended up being ok with it once it was all said and done.
Katherine about to walk down the aisle (and the bride in the background)

Hudson and the flower girl
Katherine and the bridesmaid
throwing the flowers as Simon and Jennifer left
This is just too much cuteness in one picture!
Oh my!  Look who caught the bouquet!!!!  What?  It just landed in my hands ;)
Now that's more like it.  THIS. This is my Katherine!  a dress, tennis shoes, and big poofy crazy bow that used to be wedding decorations down the stairwell tied around her waist (which stayed there the rest of the day) and shortly after this picture... a nice, neat, straight ponytail ;)
wedding dinner
Our downstairs neighbor came up with her dad to play with the kids!  What did our kids do?  Wrap her up like a burrito.  I hope she comes back again ;)
First day of... Kindergarten
Second Grade
Third Grade
Sixth Grade
Seventh Grade
AHHH! :)
First days of homeschool have been a success! :)
Everyone is excited about their classes and working hard
I love that we were able to put all the desks in one room for school!  I believe my favorite school purchase has been my little skeleton friend in the corner!  I couldn't pass it up because the kids were studying the human body and the bone names and stuff.  I love science :)  The kids have named him Dave.  Hahahahaha!
Wow! Another birthday package!!  Katherine was so excited to open her presents early with Grandmommy on Skype.  She's my science girl....this book is perfect.
And what kid wouldn't love some bubble bath!!!!  What a treat!!  :)