Sunday, December 18, 2016

15 -13


15 years of marriage and a 13th birthday party all in one week!  I so enjoyed our afternoon just the two of us!  We wee talking on the way home and realized this is the first time we have gone out for our anniversary and not been called by a kiddo for some reason or another :)

 We hopped on a bus to go to a certain part of town that I had not been to before, but we weren't paying attention and missed our stop...by a lot...and ended up across town.  Works for me!  Starbucks it was.

 After that, we did some wind shopping and then decided it was time to eat.  We decided to follow our noses.  We kept smelling something wonderful.  We finally found the restaurant and went inside.  It was Korean BBQ and did NOT disappoint! (I got a kick out of the Korean Kimono dress with the Santa hat)
 So thankful for our place mats with instructions on how to eat here...just wish it had been in English :)  I was a little concerned with the "NO!" part, but figured we could wing it ;)
 After we ordered, they brought the coals to put under the grill in the table.
 Fried rice (spicy)
 Our meat and veggies to cook at the table...and one dish that they made for us...meat , carrots, onions, and peppers
 It was all so good!
 I am glad that I married a cook though ;)  He cooked my stuff for me.
 We even found a cute Christmas tree while we were out!  I was so happy.
 Benjamin sporting a new long sleeved shirt.  It looks so good on him!
 Then it was time to prepare for Regan's 13th birthday!  Our first teenager!  She made these cardboard cutouts and Chewbacca goodie bags for the party!  She is so talented!

 This is her Star Wars cake that I made for her.  It proved to be more difficult than I had hoped, but I was pleased with the results.  I'm not sure I want to attempt another round cake ever again! :)
 Everything is ready for the cookie decorating.  WE made C3PO, Chewbacca, Yoda, and Darth Vader cookies.
 She had Vanilla Trooper ice cream, Jaba Slime (syrup), Boba Que Chips, C3P Chips, Princess Lays, Light Sabers (pretzel sticks dipped in icing), Yoda Soda, and Vader Ade :)
 Padawan Pizza and R2D2 Ranch
 Oh, and don't forget to "Use the Forks, Luke" :)
 Hillary.  The first party-goer to arrive :)
 I just love the looks they give each other.  SO cute!
 I was so happy that her friends could come for such a special day! 1 friend from 2.5 hrs away, 4 friends from our old city, and her new friend from this city (who is also 13 and is a black belt in taekwondo!)
 Presents!
 Hudson thought Regan's friend was so beautiful :)
 Katherine made a light saber bank for Regan out of toilet paper roles.  It was so cute and original!  So Regan put the one coin from Hudson in it. :)
Regan got some cute new earrings!

 I didn't have anywhere else to put 13 candles, so we used light saber cupcakes for 12 and one very special candle right on top :)
 Proof that the Death Star was indeed cake....and proof that round cakes are nearly impossible.  The cake didn't rise in my bowls like I had hoped so I had more of a flying saucer shape...so we baked another small cake to fill in the middle of my other two halves and used the rest of the batter for the cupcakes :)
 Love these smiles!
 Liang Jun Lin (I think...Regan can correct me later)
 Decorated cookies

 Don't worry.  Nothing broke during the light saber battle...just 2 happy kiddos.
 This another of Regan's friends.  She was so sad that she didn't get to come to the party, so she called me that night and asked if her mom could drive her by the house to give Regan a present.  So sweet.
 We finished the night by watching Star Wars, of coarse :)
I love this picture.  I don't always get one with the birthday kid.  So fun.
 I can't remember if I posted this already and if it was this week or last week, but just in case...Katherine got to go on a field trip to the police dispatch center.  Each of the kids got to listen to calls with one of MANY dispatchers.
 They even got to look at parts of the city that are always being monitored :)
 Crowds bus...just a normal day...and yes, they will all squeeze on there.
Oh, and another surprise.  There was a write up all about Katherine in a online sports site.  I'm so glad  I saw it!!  They had tons of pictures of her and lots of good things to say about her! :)


I read it all from my phone, so the picture aren't very clear.  It was pretty long and talked about how she had never played soccer before, but how quickly she is learning, how she gets along well with all the boys, and practices hard.