Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Springtime

This is the first time we have been in the States for the spring in seven years! Needless to say, the younger kids are seeing a brand new side of America and it makes my heart happy :)  Baseball. It's just so much fun!
After games, before games, you just have to play on the playground.
Even Auntie Em joined in on the fun :)
Just has to be one of the cutest things ever! I just LOVE seeing Sheddan on the back of their uniforms!  Hudson is on the White Sox, Lauren is on the Braves, and Katherine is on the Freeze.
We went out to eat with some friends and ate some RICE! Yum!
And after the meal, Hudson was introduced to Snapchat.  He laughed and laughed and laughed.  He said their phone was more fun than mine (I'm glad!) ;)
Lauren wore her new socks that she got for her birthday.
Everything is still so pretty!
Ah, McKays saved the day!  Benjamin was wanting veterinary books for his birthday.  I could not find him any so ON his birthday we all went to McKays.  He found these books and then was super happy that I paid for them.  Happy 12th Birthday!
The other kids loved the store, too!  How can you not love a store that sells books for as low as 30 cents!

Then we asked Benjamin where he wanted to eat for his birthday....Cracker Barrel 
Look at this plate.  I would have ordered the same thing when I was her age!  She keeps asking me when we are going to get to eat steak.  Haha!  She really is my mini me :)

This just makes my heart happy.  She got money for her birthday and was so excited that she could buy a new devotional.  She has been reading it every night.  She also got a little Easter snow globe.
Regan and Benjamin and I went clothes shopping for some needed things.  They asked if they could get icees at Target before we went home.  It's funny what the things they remember about America are...this is one of them!
Our first family movie night in America!  Look at that big bowl of popcorn!
We needed some red streamers for Benjamin's party.  Katherine loves to shop and loves to find the most unique items ;)
Getting ready for his How to Train a Dragon party.  His little stuffed animal kind blends in...makes it look a little creepy.  He had so much fun.  He said it was the best birthday ever!
Before the party, we had three ball games (two at the same time) All of the practices had been rained out, so they got their uniforms at the first game.

Too much cuteness
Look at him.
Hudson is playing kindergarten coach pitch.  I like the rules of this league and it's perfect for him to learn!  He gets three tries to hit from the coach throwing the ball.  If he doesn't hit it, then he gets two tries to hit from the tee. If he still misses, he's out.
My little Atlanta Braves girl!
Katherine...Freeze
Lauren at bat.  She didn't get on base the first time up, but the next time up she nailed it.  She ended up getting to second and then was the winning run for her team. Yeah!
I'm not sure what was being said, but I love the smiles.
It's party time!!!
pizza, cookie cake, and ice cream.
Can you believe everyone is looking at the camera?!
And because he insisted that he was taller than me now that he's 12....ah man! He's right! How did he grow again in the last 2 weeks?
He asked for a piƱata.
What could be more fun than hitting an object and the candy falling out? Catching it in the picture :)
A cookie cake with Toothless on it...perfect.
Blow out the candles!
Sweet Murphy

oh my! Who let this boy in the driver's seat? He can't wait until he's big enough!
oh, so sad.
This how you do a boys birthday party.  Nerf gun shooting challenges.
Quick! My eyes are watering! The sun is so bright!  :)
And then you have the selfie taken with your toe.
The look of determination
Brother and Sister
Blow flowers