Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Making Memories

We have been making SOOOO many memories! Katherine and Lauren went to spend a few days by themselves at Granddad and Mammy's house.  They made homemade chocolate chip cookies.
3 generation selfie :)
We surprised Hannah Odom at her pottery store, The Potter's Nest. Not only did we get to see a really good friend, but the kids got to see her make something!
They got to watch the clay go from a block of clay to a beautiful pitcher.

I was so scared that little Sticky Fingers was going to reach out and smash the pitcher. Hannah was a smart woman. She let him come close, but kept his arms down.
Regan and Hannah
I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed watching the kids play ball.  Lauren was so excited that she got to play her favorite position, catcher!
We wet to the Quarry in Knoxville to have some family pictures made.  
Afterwards we went to eat at Soccer Taco.
And then went for some ice-cream
Every day that have different flavors
and you can get them dipped in chocolate and sprinkles
It was quite messy, so we ate outside.

The girls being girls :)
Hudson LOVES matching his daddy!
Checkers at Cracker Barrel

Lauren made this sign to take back to one of her teachers.
Look at this boy at the plate!
Hudson made it all the way home!
He was so excited that he got a trophy.
Look at that grin!
Hudson team missed team pictures, so this is the best we have :)
Katherine has really taken to the sport.  It's amazing how much all of them have improved since the beginning of the season.
This isn't the best picture ever, but look at those legs. She has the longest stride!
Lauren at bat.
This girl is fast!
Katherine's last game only had 5 girls show up because of vacations.  They played great!
She was so glad that she had a softball trophy!
Lauren and her coach, Ryan McBride.
My 3 Upward ball players :)
We went to a church picnic for Memorial Day.  We all had fun in the corn hole tournament (and none of us made it passed the first round)
Katherine and Auntie Em having a leapfrog race.
Lauren won the race to fill the bucket of water with a sponge.
Regan and Benjamin enjoyed drawing with chalk. They are so talented.

Mamaw made a HUGE breakfast for us!
We went to the pool with the Moores.  It was an overcast day, so the water was a little chilly.  They had a great lunch deal and Hudson really loved all of the watermelon.
Lauren had to be "rescued" during one of the relay races because she had trouble swimming the length of the pool wearing an oversized wet T-shirt.  So, the lifeguard brought her a popsicle.

Then we played at the Moores.  S
And the boys played a little Mario Kart.
We have spent a decent amount of time traveling on the roads, but I really don't mind, especially when the sky looks like this!
I am so proud of this guy! He has worked so hard to read 1,000 books to earn his very first iPad!  Great job, Benjamin!
Jonathan wins the best dad award...we went to the mall and he ended up with ALL of the kids at the Apple store while I walked around with my sister.
Me and my sister!
Regan, Kelly, Kim, Ashley, Hudson, Lauren, and Katherine
My kids have been BEGGING to go to a library!
We went to visit some friends in Mississippi and had a great time! I loved seeing Katherine checking out the stuffed turkey :)
The kids spent hours in the pool.
Hudson's favorite part of the trip? He got to drive the golf cart all over the property! He said, "I'm a good driver."
We played ping pong.
Katherine and Terry having a race to see who can pick up the most popcorn using chopsticks.
This was so much fun!  Terry has a golf simulator.  Hudson hit so many balls. His personal best was 41 yards :)
We ate breakfast at a Mennonite bakery. Let me say, the apple fritters were incredible!
Now. This was THE FAVORITE event of the week! We rode four wheelers for several hours. I am so glad the weather cooperated.
Katherine driving

Lauren rode with me on the 4 wheeler.  The little ones weren't allowed to drive these on their own, so they got to ride with us. It was great.
I called this one the Cadillac.  It had the smoothest ride.  I personally like "mine" better, but Regan loved this one!
My view.
Terry made Hudson's day.  He got to ride the "big kid" 4 wheeler.
Once Benjamin got his driving lesson, he got to ride on his own. He was having so much fun. I loved seeing his hair fly though the air and the huge smile on his face.
Katherine driving with Terry.
Yes, Daddy got to have fun, too!
Check out this face! This child loves driving and cars so much! This was his dream come true!
Regan driving.
Benjamin driving.
More pool fun.
So, this was the first time most of our family has tried sushi.  I'm not a huge fan, but I have to say that this one was really good...it might have something to do with the cream cheese in the middle ;)
The kids favorite restaurant in America...Japanese.
Hudson and Karen
Hudson and Kim W.
The kids went fishing.  Benjamin caught a fish, but then was afraid it was going to get to close to him.  Too funny!
Terry helping Lauren bring in her fish.
She caught a big one ;)
I was getting a little hot and needed to do some things at the house, so I left the girls to fish.  I told Katherine that if she caught one she could come get me so the I could take her picture.
The next thing I know, she is running to the house with the fish still on the line!
She was so excited! Then we needed to figure out how to get it off the line.  Lauren was the one that wanted to try it.  She did good holding it until I tried to get the hook out for her.  When the fish struggled a little, she dropped it. Then the girls were screaming, "It's going to die! It's cooking on the driveway! Ms. Kim help!"
So Miss Kim scooped it up in a trash can and...
Lauren ran it down to the lake and saved the fish ;)
We sent Regan off for her very first youth camp!  I am so proud of her.  She went with a group of 53 and knows only 1 person!  I can't wait to hear all about it when she gets back!
We went to the store and Granddad said that if anything looked good he would buy it for her...look what she chose...a bag of the biggest marshmallows ever!
Here are the Sheddan family pics below!  I loved them all.