Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December Part 2

 While in Macau for the day, we also went to see the panda.
 I think normally they have 3 or 4 there, but right now it was all under construction and only one was out for us to see.
 He was very active and playful while we were there.
 They had a red panda there.
 And several little monkeys...including my own ;)
 We tried the world famous egg tarts from Lord Stow's Bakery.
 They weren't bad...I'm just not a huge fan of egg tarts to begin with...but these were far better than most I have tried.
 We say the Eiffel Tower...ok, so it's not the real one and we were in the car when we drove past, but hey...it's probably as close as I'll ever get.
 I LOVED seeing a Nativity out! It was so nice to see the true meaning of Christmas on display...something we NEVER see where we live. We have one in our home, but this was the first bigger one Hudson has seen.
 enjoying the Christmas lights
 This was one of our favorites.
 We got photo bombed...haha!
 Regan enjoyed a hot chocolate from Starbucks.
 The younger kids LOVED this fresh "beef jerky" This area in Macau is known for it so we (they) gave it a try.
 Regan and Hay Hay
 Our friends, Selina and Jeff and their kids Hay Hay and Kay Kay, showed us around all day because they are from Macau. It was nice to have a local guide :)
 Seeing the Christmas lights was the last thing we did in Macau.  I love this picture because Hudson shows us how everyone felt...too funny.
 resting outside the Macau Museum
 Christmas from Granddad and Mammy!!!
 Granddad watched everyone open their gifts and then they each got a picture with Granddad.
 Benjamin
 Lauren
 Katherine
 Regan
 Kelly
 Hudson got a slime kit. He had fun making it.
 Jonathan and I got to visit a friend who just had a baby. He was adorable.  I really wanted to hold him, but I was happy that they let us stop by and say hi and see the baby. I guess the first time I will get to hold him will be after he is 100 days old.
 Benjamin at his guitar lesson
 Mom brought each of the kids one food surprise from America.  She wrapped them up and they got to see what it was when they opened it.  Lauren was so excited over the cinnamon apple sauce.
 Regan's new outfit from Granddad and Mammy. I think it looks very nice on her!
 The bread store had bags and napkins for Christmas...both spelled wrong and not the same on each. The bags said "Merry Chrisymas" and the napkins said "Merry Chirstmas" oh dear.
 We had a little adventure in our home.  We woke up one morning and Katherine's hamster was not in the cage. He was gone. WE looked everywhere and couldn't find him.  Around 3:30 that afternoon I thought I heard a small squeak sound. Long story short...it was the hamster.  He was behind the tv. Let's just say he is one fast little hamster!! We moved furniture galore and had everyone in the house trying to trap him.  He managed to get away from us 3 times, but he is finally safe in his cage again and I now check the slide overnight to make sure it is still attached ;)
 Sweet potatoes on the street...mmmm
 Grace and Regan
 The first one is cute, but this one is my favorite....such pretty smiles.
 The fur babies were cold.
 Hudson and his buddy
 Oh English in another country...they try so hard....but please try hardrt.
 Spicy chicken wing flavored Oreos....no thanks
 Oh yeah, so this is out of order, but it was from the restaurant in Zhongshan.  I won a red envelope...but no money was inside. I got a lollipop. The kids thought it was hilarious.
 This is the guy that gave the envelope to me.  He danced in the store to really loud music and did these quick changes with his mask.  It was really pretty crazy.  The first couple of times I didn't even notice because he did it so quickly!
The girls with some of their best friends!