Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Return of the Blog

 I have finally returned to the blog! It's been a really long time! Between the craziness of life and lack of internet access for a few weeks I have gotten quite behind.  I will do my best to catch up.  This first picture here is just one of the many sleeping arrangements at our house.  Lauren was sleeping with Grandmommy (because it was the only bed that worked for her injury) but Lauren started to really miss her big sister! She decided to throw a blanket on the floor and some pillows...it didn't leave much walking room ;)
 When the weather starts to warm up, everyone wants to be outside for school.
 Hudson was having a hard time remembering what a compound word was, so I decided it was time to a poster project.  He did everything all by himself.  Not bad for his first. He was so proud of it :)
 We were nearing the time for my mom to go back to the States and we had MANY people come by to say goodbye (all at different times).
 Winter...my little Zhongshan buddy.  She wanted a picture together so she could take it home.  She also told me that the next trip I needed to go with her and not her mom. so cute.
 These are my fur babies after a haircut.  They both think I will give them something if they look all sweet and tilt their head.
 Winter like playing with Cookie.
 So, it was a few weeks late (but that's how everything had been during that time) Regan made her dad a birthday cake! It was her second carrot cake and just as good as the first one.
 This girl likes to save her money until she finds something she REALLY wants.  Well, she bought a recording studio!! The girl loves to sing (along with all the many other things she loves) I hope to hear some of the music she records sometime.
 The younger girls spent the weekend with friends. They went to an art studio and got to work on different crafts. Lauren was doing a paper carving of a pig (since it's the year of the pig)
 I got up that Saturday and everyone was either still at a friend's house or sleeping and I REALLY wanted to get outside and enjoy the weather, so I took one of the dogs on a walk.  I enjoyed the walk and the beautiful flowers along the way.
 Plus I enjoyed all the new walking paths that they have been working on! It really was much nicer on your feet!
 Shadow and I went all the way to the Fisher Girl because I had still never actually been to it.
 I liked walking and seeing culture around me :) All these people are turning over rocks looking for little crabs.
 The girls came back and had a show ready to go.
 Random harry pig poster in our building
 I can't help but take a picture when we have pretty skies!
 Soey and Mom
 Joey brought a birthday present for Regan.  It was a cute cup that looked similar to the box...except the flowers were real.
 Katherine has ALMOST gotten as tall as Soey.
 Lauren was tired of everyone talking about how much Regan and Benjamin and Katherine had grown (even some people talking about how much Hudson had grown) so she decided to stand on a chair and show how tall she was ;)
 YUM!!! Jonathan fixed mini hamburgers!!
 The girls and Soey and Mamaw and I all went to the flower market. It's only open for a week just before the start of CNY.
 not sure what this look is all about...haha
 I just like all the different kinds of flowers you see. It's always so much fun.
 Yes. Joey actually walked around like this because she wanted Regan to give her shade from the sun. Too funny.

 The infamous orange trees
 The girls with mama
 Joey had a few minutes before she needed to leave, so the kids taught her how to play Mario Kart.
 Mom out for a short walk! Huge progress!
 Ummm, yes. That is my son literally climbing the walls.





 We typically take a bus where we need to go.

 I'm taking a picture and these four are ready to eat some pizza! I love that they all have the same look! :)
 This is Hailey and she wanted us to come to her 7th birthday party.
 The kids loved going ice skating.
 How many "big sisters" does it take to help a 4 year old put on ice skates? haha!
 The party has begun.
 Regan, Katherine, Naomi
 Lauren pushing Mary and baby Phinehas

 Katherine was quite the rock star at the rink. She always had kids grouping around her and these asked for an autograph...on their arms!!

 Caught trying to hit me with a "snow ball"

 My kids started something ;)
 KK throwing a snowball.

 He was over the party! So  I tried many different things to entertain him...
 The only thing that work....selfies!!
 Regan saw Phinehas through the glass.
 He was so happy to see her...and I love the picture.
 WE were told no presents, but I can't resist giving something. She was so excited to get markers :)
 I know. We all have those days. Yes. You have to do school anyways.
 A game of tag...Jonathan and Papaw against the kids.
 Katherine thought she would be safe from taggers...waaaaaay up in the tree! She had no idea that her daddy would climb this tree just to tag her ;)
 Papaw gave Lauren a bag of rubber bands and taught her to make a jump rope.
 Papaw finished it out for her...
 They took it outside to try it out. I don't thing he knew it was quite this long! HAHA!
 They doubled it up and had some fun.
 These two love sitting up here.
 The kids love playing games with Papaw.
 Enjoying some time outside.
 These girls LOVE Scout.
 Wing came to visit and these two have passed her up.




 Final Goodbyes

 Mamaw made me a birthday cake!! It was soooooo good.


 The kids didn't want them to leave.
 Jennifer, Grace, Selina, Jeff, and Garmen all came by to say bye.
 Now, it's the kids turn.  We (Jonathan and I) are taking Grandmommy to the airport.
 This is a HUGE perk of flying with an injured lady in first class!! We got to join her in the lounge :) I could get used to this....but I think it's a one time only.
 My proof ;)
 The plane...these were some crazy windows...no shades. They were automated. You could have them light or dark or anywhere in between.
 This is just to show the the shades.
My husband got the airplane food dumplings....and they gave hime a fork and knife....he couldn't stand it. He turned them into chopsticks. ;)