Wednesday, January 18, 2023

December Parties

Well, we are more than half way through January, and i am just now getting a chance to sit down to try and put my blog posts together. It has been a super busy time, but definitely filled with great memories that I don't want to forget. This first picture is from an International youth Christmas party that the kids went to. They decorated sugar cookies
I went to a ladies brunch. It was such a sweet time! I knew all of the ladies there, but we are all so busy in different directions. It was good to sit down and catch up.
Our family was invited out for all you could eat pinsa (a type of pizza) and meat sticks. 
It was our first time to go out since sveral in the house had the flu.
Lauren wanted to claim the Nutella dessert pinsa for herself :)
We had a ladies dinner at Rome Baptist. There were 72 ladies there. I met several new people and a couple of my English students joined, which was fun! People from all over the world! Pretty cool! I had to rush out near the end because there was a transportation strike and I had to make sure that I caught the last train home.
Walking toward the Spanish Steps.
Yummy homemade food for our ladies tea/brunch
We had another party that involved food...a pot luck with Christmas carols and fellowship. It was quite the spread!
So many people came that it was hard to find a spot to sit.
We also had a Christmas celebration with the Chinese churches. Several groups prepared things.
Singing Christmas Carols in Chinese. Then Hudson played the piano while some of these same people sang with our family...it was the first time Hudson has played with people and not as a solo. He did good.
These two waiting to sing.
We also sang in Chinese for the pot luck get together.
Benjamin and his haircuts...he goes much more often now ;)
In case I ever forget ;) This is my favorite popcorn. We bought it when we lived in China and one store in Italy sells it. It says it's from America, but we have never seen it while in the States. This was a a nice surprise to see it here in Italy!
Walking to the metro after my English class. Liliana from Peru on the left and Rachel on the right (Rachel is back in town and is helping with the classes, too!
It's that time of year!!! Making loads of cookies to give away (and eat)


I'm so glad I have helpers for this!!
The kids said we matched...I guess we did. Now, who got dressed first ;)
Sweet Ruthie. Sh's grown so much and looks JUST LIKE her big brother!
Our "home" church in Italy. It makes my heart happy to see sooooo many people there worshipping the Lord together.
Out shopping for her secret person
December in Rome this year looks and feels like fall
working on homework? or maybe watching Disney + 
The culprit! I turned my back for 10 seconds and he managed to get on the table and eat 3 entire cookies from the tray BEFORE they were cooked!
And this one just wants to play...this is his I'm going to hold real still and stare at you until you figure out what I want look.
Yep. More homework
Hot chocolate. This is my favorite mug right now. It reminds me of such a wonderful trip with Regan, and it's just the right size.
Hudson in his suit for school. The kids have to wear suits on Tuesdays.
My ornament for this year :)
Lauren having too much fun making pancakes :) Mickey mouse, a car, and I don't remember what else
The kids at the Chinese school Thanksgiving performance. This group was going a little crazy because too of their friends were in formal dress MC-ing the thing.