Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Finally Gone

Well, the last of the snow has FINALLY melted. We saw the last little patch melt on Sunday afternoon. Benjamin was a little sad that it was gone, but we ALL have enjoyed the nicer weather. We have been able to play outside many times this week and it has been a much needed leisure time. Lauren enjoyed the swings most of all. She seems so little and so big at the same time.
We also drove into town and went to Wal-Mart and BabiesRUs. The kids had a lot of fun. They each got some candy out of one of those machines that cost a quarter. Regan finally spent some of her birthday money as well (see pic above) She is my saver when it comes to money. She is also the queen of tent making. She likes to make them out of anything she can get her hands on. So when we were at the store and she saw this collapsable princess tent, her mind was made up. The kids have enjoyed playing (and napping) in it.

A funny story: I was tucking Regan into bed and she was wanting me to scratch her back. So, I did. In case you didn't know, she is the master staller. She preceeded to ask for many things including for me to scratch/rub her feet. In case you didn't know, I don't like feet (unless they are baby feet, then they are cute) So, I told my staller that it was time for bed and I wasn't going to rub her feet. "Why?" "Because it's time for bed and you know I don't do feet." "Well, you should. Jesus washed people's feet and we are supposed to do what Jesus did." What can I say :)

Katherine is really enjoying being in school. I have been told that when we are not around that she does not act nearly as shy and actually talks to people. I'm not really surprised. It is the Katherine that we know. When we walk home from school she just talks away telling me all about her day.

Benjamin was actually sick for a little bit. We got a DVD of some Looney Tunes in the mail and he enjoyed watching those while he was out of commission. He was actually feeling better here, but could not go back to class because he had not been 24hrs symptom free. Overall, everyone has been doing great. It was a very busy week with school things and time has gone by quickly.
We are looking forward to seeing family and friends soon!