Saturday, March 20, 2010

Washington D.C.

This week our big trip was to DC. We had a wonderful time, but I think I'll start with some quotes from my kiddos BEFORE we left.
Regan-"I don't want to go to DC because I don't want to see President Obabma's dog" Me-"Trust me. You will NOT see his dog. He's very well protected and there is a big fence around the house." Regan-" but dogs can get out of fences mom." Me-"Not this one!"
Katherine was excited to get to see "The house. The white one." The kids were trying to keep the sun out of there eyes...Katherine wore Jonathan's hat and Benjamin wore a friend's sunglasses for the picture.

We went to Chinatown while we were there and enjoyed looking around and talking to people.

I had fun seeing all the dual signs in Chinatown. Everything was written in characters and English.

We ate at a local Chinese restaurant and the kids ordered chicken fried rice. Benjamin wanted to know why there were worms in it. I guess after seeing all the worms last week, that was what was on his mind. I did convince him that they were not worms and he tried it (and liked it).

Jonathan found "his" deli there. I also could not believe how many Starbucks there were. I believe there was one on almost every corner (or so it seemed). We must have looked like tourists while we were walking around because this older gentleman with a greyish beard asked where we were trying to go. He pointed us in the right direction and when we left Benjamin said with much excitement, "Was that the President!?"

Before we went on the trip, we decided to invest in another stroller. I was very thankful for it. I'm not sure we would have been able to enjoy the trip as much with two sleeping kiddos and trying to watch the other two.

We only had time to go to one of the Smithsonians, so we let the kids choose which one they wanted to go to. They chose the Air and Space Museum.

This was my favorite room because of the mural in the background. The kids enjoyed other parts of the museum more (ie the hands on things and going inside the aircrafts), but I had them pose for a picture for me anyways.

This is a group of Korean tourists that we met. We had some good converstions with them, and they asked if the kids could be in a picture with them. I took Lauren out of the stroller and handed her over to one of the girls. All the girls started screaming because they were so excited to hold her and then they swarmed around her. Yep, you can guess what happened next. Lauren started screaming and crying. She would have been just fine with them holding her if they had scared her to death. It was comical though.

They returned the favor and took our picture as well.

Lauren hanging out in the mall.

We were just taking a little break from all the walking. They were just too cute sitting so close together.

We took this pic for Regan. She really wanted to see the National Monument.

I took this picture just outside of our apartment one morning. There was fog hovering over the lake and the sun was rising and this tree just caught my eye.

Regan was a little silly this night before bed. I love the smile I got though.

This is how Lauren typically rides in her stroller...standing up.

I'm not sure what she thought about the grass, but she studied it for a long time.

So, we end this very long blog with a sweet little smile .