Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was a good Mother's Day. The kids made me this great little picture frame and gave me a card and some chocolates before we headed to church. Once we arrived at church, I got another surprise. Regan and Benjamin were part of a performance (one song) that all the kids did on stage at the church. They did a really good job. I'm sure some of you can just imagine. I would post a picture of it, but my camera was missing the memory card. Oh well. I have it in my mind and I'm sure we will have more similar experiences to come.

Regan wanted to pose for this picture on our way home the other day.

The girls enjoyed playing dress up this week. They even got Lauren involved in the action. It was so funny to watch them dress her up...she was loving it!

I did have the opportunity to go out with a friend for lunch this week. Again, I don't have any pictures, so words will have to do. We met for lunch at an Ethiopian restraunt. I had no idea what to expect, but when we walked in it smelled wonderful. We decided to order the "sampler platter" (my term not theirs) The food came out on a huge round dish to share and a small plate of Injera. Injera is their bread and it is also used as the sliverware. You only use your right hand, tear off a piece of the bread, and then use it to pick up a bite of the food served for the table, and then enjoy. It really was delicious. I would not mind going back some time. The injera is really hard to explain because there is no American food quite like it. The best I can come up with to describe it is that it look ssimilar to a large tortilla, but it has a sponge-like texture, and it tastes kindof like sourdough bread. Again, that's the best I can do...you just need to try it for yourself sometime.

I'm not sure how I managed to have 3 kids afraid of dogs and 1 kid that is a dog fanatic, but I did. Lauren is absolutely crazy about dogs. We went to the park this weekend and she would not leave this poor little dog alone. The dog actually liked it most of the time. I wonder what they were saying to each other in this picture?

The weather is warming up and the park had lots of families there. This was the favorite spot for the day...the sandbox. I'm still sweeping up sand in my house! I'm not sure where it hides, but it can drive you crazy :)

Benjamin got a kite for his birthday and he finally got to try it out.

Katherine took a turn with the kite as well. She just ran as fast as she could from one end to the next.

Yet again...Lauren with her new favorite friend...Oreo.