Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh, Happy Day

Oh, happy day! Happy Canada Day (July 1), Happy 4th of July (July 4), Happy time off with Grandmommy and Auntie Em, and Happy Double Doozie to me. We had a great week with all of our company. One of the special treats for me was that Emily brought me a cookie from back home...mmmm, I love these things. For those who noticed, yes, I do have glasses on. I have been stuck with my glasses for almost a month now. Long story short...I got pink eye, treated it, couldn't get it better, used different drops from the doctor, those drops temporarily damaged my eye and vision, now on new drops to help restore vision. Hopefully, I can wear my contacts next week. That would be great!
We went to Stanley Park and found a playground there. It wasn't the biggest, but Lauren liked this little tunnel.

At the park, there was a little beach that the kids walked on for a bit. They have really been wanting to go to the beach...especially since Grandmommy was here (that's what they always think of when they think of her...the beach) Lauren was intrigued by the water.

My little boy deep in thought. Here he was sitting on the seawall just enjoying the view.


So, my kids were posing for a picture with Grandmommy on the seawall with the Vancouver skyline behind them when we noticed a group of people video taping our kids (because they have blonde hair). After our kids finished saying "Cheese!" they all ran over and grabbed Katherine (the most shy of all my kids) and put her in their laps posing for a picture. She was not smiling, and kept looking at me as if to say, "Who are these people, what are they doing, and why aren't you doing anything about it?" Just when she thought she was in the clear, the guy taking the picture trades with the other ladies and he grabs Katherine for a picture. It was quite funny.

We went to Lynn Canyn Suspension Bridge and decided to go on the hiking trail. The kids had a great time and found all these really neat places along the way for us to take their picture. On the way back up from the trail, the kids (with the help of Auntie Em) decided to count the stairs on the trail leading back to the bridge. They came up with 258.

And here is little bit trying to keep up with the big kids. Jonathan and Emily carried her most of the time on the trail, but she did her fair share of climbing, too.


Posing on the bridge with Grandmommy.


After the hike, all the kids were hungry and thirsty. Lauren took over the bag of popcorn. It's about as big as she is!

Got this great shot of Regan and Emily. Emily was about to put her arm aound Regan and almost fell off the rock. Regan was laughing so hard. Those can make some of the best pictures!