Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nice Weather

The nice weather has finally arrived! We have had several opportunities to meet people at the park and just to ride bikes. We have let Regan and Benjamin ride their bikes to the park this week. They have really enjoyed that. There is even a skatepark there and early in the day it is either empty or only has little kids on it. So, they have had fun trying their skills on all the ramps.
Katherine has really taken to Lauren all of a sudden this week. She has always been good with her, but she is starting to act like "the big sister." She likes to help her do things or sit with her or whatever else you can think of.

Lauren got to ride bikes, too. She thinks she is big stuff. I'm sure it won't be long before we have to get 4 bikes and 4 helmets! We are glad to have finally (after almost 3 months) found out the actual law for kids riding bikes in Canada. If they are 12 and under, they have to ride on the sidewalks. If they are 13 and older, they have to ride on the streets. The only exception is bike lanes (and we live on one) So, now that I know it's ok for my older two to ride on the sidewalks more, we do that, and occasionally let them ride in front of our house when there is little to no traffic.

There is a little sprinkler park at our park. I was surprised at how hot it was while we played...in the 70's!! I know. Not really hot, but much more so than we have gotten used to. We even came home with a slight tan after an hour.

At one point while we were here, about 40 kids came to the park all at one time. It was a little crazy :) I talked with one of the teachers and she said that they have some summer camps starting up. Summer here is July and August. So, the elemetary kids are officially out this coming Monday.

Lauren had fun at the park, too, but I think there were too many kids in the water for her. She played some, but ended up going to the playground part.

This was the real excitement of the week :) Canada Day cookies!!! (Canada Day is like July 4th, but it's July 1st) I got caught eating one....Regan said, "Mommy, did you buy new lipstick?" Mommy: No. Regan: Why are your lips pink? Mommy: I don't know. What do you think that means? Regan: I don't know. Mommy: Why were your lips pink yesterday? Regan: (gasp) Did you sneak a cookie?! Mommy: No, I didn't sneak one, but I did eat mine :)