Monday, September 13, 2010

Dragon Fruit

This has become Regan's favorite fruit here. The kids first had it at school and then asked us to buy it for a snack. I have to admit, I probably would not have bought this blindly....mmm good. I'm not sure what to compare it to. It is similar to a really big kiwi, but sweeter. If any of you have had it before, maybe you can help me with a better description.
This is the scene in front of me every day on the way home from the kids school. Don't panic! It's a one way road within our complex, so there are not many cars that travel it. There are, however, lots of bikes and people (especially at certain times of the day).

This is one of my favorite pictures. Lauren gets to ride with her daddy. When she gets bigger, she will be able to ride on the back of the bike.

Katherine has a seat on the back of my bike. She likes to ride. I usually pick her up first from school and then we ride together to pick up Regan and Benjamin.

Katherine's birthday is less than 2 weeks away, which means that mid-autumn festival is just around the corner. This is a big holiday and moon cakes (pictured above) are being sold EVERYWHERE! We bought a small box just to try. It was very dense and not at all like a moon pie in the States :) I heard someone say it was like eating a very dense fig newton. i can live with that description. Some of them even have an egg cooked in the center of them. We have not tried that kind yet.


This weekend was rainy and spent mostly at home. Lauren enjoyed playing with her big sisters. What a cute little princess.

Katherine also had a good time playing dress up and dancing in front of the mirror. she is doing better in school and we have even run into some of her classmates while we have been out and about. She is quick to tell me that they are in class together.

To finish the week, Regan finally got her wish. She has been asking to go on a mommy/daughter date to the nail salon. She ended up with pink fingers and purple toes. The best part is the price. It only cost $5.ooUS for her and $10US for me. This also gave me a chance to practice some of my new found language skills :)