Sunday, September 19, 2010

Traffic

This picture does not do justice to the traffic scene here, but it was as good as I good get from where I was sitting. Traffic is always worse on the weekends. This particular day was very busy...I'm guessing because next week they will celebrate mid-autumn festival. Make sure to take notice that the lines in the road, redlights, and laws, are merely suggestions to be followed. Whoever is bold enough to push there way through will be the ones to get where they are going. Our taxi driver this day was very bold. We got stuck in a little bit of construction traffic and he was determined to get in front of this line of cars. The cars, however, were just as determined not to let him. Our taxi won (he came within an inch of hitting the other cars). So, I thought theat was it. Nope, he decides to get right back out of the line he had just gotten in to try and get there faster. He drives right in the middle of the construction zone and stops right in front of this crater in the road. I'm thinking, "What in the world is he trying to do? Is he going to make a U turn?" Once again, my guess was wrong. He waits just for the right moment and BAM! He takes off into oncoming traffic and the other cars coming straight for us just went around us. He gets up to the redlight and waits to turn left (even though the light was already green...the other cars were still going) So, that was my exciting traffic story. I really felt like I was in a chase scene in a movie! :)
Katherine also got a package in the mail for her bday. You can see the excitement on her face. She has been asking me EVERY day, "Is TODAY my birthday?" My response is always, "Almost."

I wish I could put all the picks on here of her opening up the package, but you know me, I take a lot of pics. This was one of my favorites though. She loved this little penguin.

A major event occured in our household this week.....Bunny got a bath! It was long past due and since she has been taking Bunny to school, it had gotten pretty dirty. She enjoyed helping give it the bath. It's amazing what a little soap and water can do.

After the bath, Bunny got to dry with the rest of the laundry. Katherine decided at this point that Bunny did not need to take any more baths because he belonged in her room.

Second major event...Katherine's first haircut here. It, too, was past due. They did a very good job. I was very pleased. The only problem is now, she looks even more like her little friend who is also a foreigner. People already get them mixed up some, but now I am getting them mixed up. Yikes! :)

Here is the after picture. She also really liked her hair. Afterwards, we found a little store that sold some kid items and she spent he birthday money there. She bought a bubble gun (with bubbles of coarse) and some erasers and a wooden toy. The mini Sprite bottle and chapstick were from mommy.


Nearly every morning, Jonathan walks to the bread store near our apartment complex to pick up some bread for breakfast. (You have to buy it daily or it will go bad) Anyways, I stopped in the store on the way home and they had purple swirled bread. I'm not sure why, but it looked fun, so we tried it. I'm not sure if it was supposed to taste different or not, but to me, it tasted like normal bread.

I thought this picture was funny. Regan and Benjamin have discovered their daddy's PSP game. Lauren wants to do everything that they do. She would not give it back to us. She was so serious and just KNEW that she was really playing the game. She was too cute. Her other thing (that I'm not to fond of) is that she has figured out how to climb the ladder to the bunkbed. She will climb it and then get as far away as she can so that it is hard to get her back down. My little monkey.

This is Regan's good friend. She is so sweet. She would not smile for the picture, but I got a half smile anyways. The girls play almost every day (depending on the amount of homework). Her family has been so kind and helpful since we have been here. We are very thankful to have met them!