Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mamaw and Papaw

Well, Mamaw and Papaw got here on Monday afternoon and the kids have been loving it! They have been enjoying showing them off to all their friends and taking them around to different places. Regan asked if she could take them for show and tell. :)
We went to eat at McDonald's and the workers there saw Mamaw using a napkin to hold her sandwich, so they quickly ran over to give her some gloves to eat with. I thought it was funny. We have been given the gloves before for pizza, but this was a first at McD's. We typically just use our hands.

When I go pick Katherine up from her school, I have to show her ID card at the gate and they bring her to me. This is the man that normally brings her to me. He always carries Katherine and she loves it. Also, I was told this week that I needed to buy the winter uniform and send her to school in long sleeves and pants because she was cold (it's in the 70's) Even if I send her to school in shorts and a T-shirt, she comes home in something "warmer"


Every Wednesday, we have two little friends that come and play for a couple of hours. It has really been a great situation. The twins learn English from my kids (and vice versus), and we get to practice what we are learning with the mom and aunt. It's been a lot of fun and the twins are starting to feel more at home in our place.

Here's two of our kiddos hailing the taxi. It's really cute seeing them all lined up on the street and waiving a taxi driver down. You can see Katherine's clothes/hair. They changed her shirt after nap time because she was so sweaty. It made for an intersting outfit. We are always interested to see what hairdo she comes home with. Her teachers love fixing her hair in different ways.

Since Mamaw and Papaw are here, Jonathan and I got to go on a date. We decided to try this all you can eat Japanese restaurant. We wee there for 2 hours as they kept bringing different things for us to try. It was a lot of fun and I got to try many things that I would not have ordered it I was paying for them individually. This was our desert...fried icecream. It was yummy! It was vanilla icecream covered in marshmellow then fried, so it was hot and cold at the same time.

This is my favorite little baby in our complex. Don't you love those cheeks? She just smiled and kicks every time I talk to her.

This is Regan playing with one of her good friends. Whne they are outside at the same time, they are side by side the entire time. It's fun to watch them play because this little girl knows no English.
Here is a close up of her little friend. The other day, I was walking to the playground and I heard all these little voices calling Regan's name. It was really cute.

This si a typical day for Lauren at the playground. It's a good thing that she doesn't mind the attention. The security guard is really good with the kids. He decided to feed Lauren some bread.

Here is a beautiful picture of the night sky. It has been so long since we have seen the moon, that none of us could believe it. Lauren kept pointing to it over and over again. The other kids just couldn't believe how clear and bright it was. We are very thankful that the typhoon took a sudden turn and missed us completely, but we sure have enjoyed the clear skies and cooler weather it has brought our way!