Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Park

We were invited to go to a park with two different families this week. They actually took us to the same park, but the park was so big that we ended up seeing completely different things. We had a lot of fun with both families and now have a new place that we can go.


There were lots of statues there. There were descriptions about who these people were, but my character knowledge is not good enough to figure it out. There was one that seemed very out of place to me because he looked more British than Asian. Our friends informed us that it was of Isaac Newton. We climbed to the top of the pagoda and had a great view of the entire park. We even saw a golf coarse...who knew! Regan had fun doing cartwheels at the park. All my kids and the other kids had fun trying to do cartwheels, too. It was really cute to see so many kids flipping all over the place :)


One of the families rented this bike to ride around the park. The kids had a lot of fun on it. It was the first time I have ridden a boke like that. It was fun, but it was harder to ride than I expected...mostly because I am used to riding a taller bike and when the kids ride with me they are closer to me. I thought it made for a cute picture though. My favorite bike pic is the one of the girls riding with Jonathan (below)


Also at the park, there were many couple there getting their wedding picture taken.


We found some bumper cars. The older two LOVED this. The man running the attraction had to go get Katherine. She started crying after they got sandwiched in between two cars. So, they brought her to me and we went next door to let ehr ride the airplanes.


She had a good time...can you tell?


One of the fun things for the kids about living overseas is that they get to celelbrate their birthday for about a month or at least it seems that way! :) Lauren and Benjamin got to open some more bday presents this week. Lauren was so serious the entire time.


She enjoyed reading her new book.


Can you guess what these two are excited about?? Fruit Stripes bubble gum.


Lauren helped her daddy make homemaid pizza this week. I see another chef in the making! :)