Monday, April 4, 2011

Lauren Turns 2!

I can't believe my baby is 2! We spent her birthday in Hong Kong, so we decided to celebrate there.
We made her a cherry cake. She couldn't stop staring at the candles. We finally had to blow them out for her. I think she was just a little overwhelmed that the day was all about her.


She was ready to open her gifts. She got an umbrella, a shirt, kid-sized chopsticks, an elmo toy, and tickets to Hong Kong Disney! I am not sure who was more excited...me or the kids...but we did manage to get them in bed that night at a decent hour. They were up at the crack of dawn, dressed and ready to go.


We were about to enter the park, but I needed a picture first :)


The first ride was the carousel. Lauren was very excited and was havign so much fun just sitting on the horse. Then it started moving....she got a little scared at first, but ended up loving it. She actually liked all the rides, but I think the Winnie the Pooh ride was her favorite.


Jonathan and the kids in the "fast" tea cup. Lauren and I rode in the "slow" tea cup.


Here are my boys riding the Dumbo ride. They are just alike!


This was the expression that Lauren gave during each ride.


I could not believe that they had cotton candy! It was the BIGGEST cotton candy that I have ever seen! This is not an illusion. It really was bigger than Katherine's head :)


This was my favorite of all the character photos. They did an awesome job making the army man look plastic. He had a great personality for the part, too. Lauren decided to be bashful at Disney, so she is only in a couple character photos. The only one that she willing got a little close to was Rapunzel.


This was a kid's dream...Mickey Mouse ice cream for dinner! The park looked so much like the one in the States, but all the food was Asian style. We actually found a hot dog stand when they were closing. It was really good. We split 3 hot dogs.


Two dowm...they were such little troopers. They didn't want to miss anything! It was long before I had a third kid alseep on the subway.


We each got a souvenir. This was mine. I wanted something that looked Asian, but still had Mickey and Minnie. I found this pillow and decided that I liked it.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Everyone (except Lauren) rode Space Mountain...and a few people rode it twice!

What a fun vacation!