Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer has Arrived!

I know it's not officially summer, but it feels like it! This week was perfect swimming weather. It was in the mid to upper 90's all week and the lows were in the 80's. Our apartment has a pool but you have to pay to use it. The kids have been begging us to go, so we decided to try a month family pass. I think it will be well worth our money. We went 4 times this week! These are two of Benjamin's classmates from school. he was so excited that they were swimming too.



Lauren was excited to "sim" Actually, she was calling it a bath for a while, but has recently upgraded her vocabulary to swim :) We are borrowing this little suit from a friend until we get one for her that fits. She's a cutie!



Regan was a big help to hold Lauren's hands while I took pictures. Son't worry the pool is shallow. You may have noticed that besides Benjamin's classmates...there are no other people in the pictures. Well, I found out why this week... at Katherine's school they have put in a pool, but there is still no water in it, so I asked them this week when the kids would get to go swimming in it. She looked at me surprised and said, "It's not hot yet. We will go swimming when it gets hot." So, the answer to the riddle is...only the foreigners swim when it's "not hot". I guess that's why we got a good deal on the family pass this time :)



They also had parent child day at Katherine's school. It was a lot of fun. They had one last semester and Katherine was the only one that wore her uniform, so this time I let her wear whatever she wanted...as you can see, most of the kids wore the uniform. I still can't figure out when they wear it and when they don't! :) I also like this picture because you can see how tall Katherine is.



They had the kids and the parents make a craft together. The little kid across from us cried the first 5 minutes because his nai nai was not there yet. She showed up and all wsa good :)



My bashful little girl proud of her lion! She did so good. She even got up in front of the whole class and did "head and shoulders knees and toes knees toes" I couldn't believe it, but she will do anything for a sticker :)



The class would get up about every 30 minutes and get there little metal cups, line up for water, or sometimes hot milk, and sit back down to drink. Katherine doesn't like hot milk, so they let her get water again.



After the classroom events, they all went outside and showed us there morning exercises (it went much better than last semester) and they did these little dances and things...super cute. After that, they had parent child relay races. I think that was Katherine's favorite part (they always put the stickers on their forehead). Let me just say, not all the relays had western bodies in mind. We are a bit bigger than they are and I thought I was going to break something :)



We also got to celebrate my neighbor's birthday! She is my closest friend here and I am so happy that we live right next door. Just within the past few weeks, we have started walking at night. It's a lot of fun and I think it has really helped my language too.



Now this little guy was a cutie. He is 5 months old and he is soooo HEAVY! I was not expecting that when I picked him up. I really think he weighed more than Lauren, but maybe not.



I thought our washer was small in the States...check this one out. I put my hand in the picture for reference. Seriously, why make them so small? It would take forever to wash our clothes in this thing :) I'm glad we have a normal sized one!



Lauren and Benjamin were playing dress up/ cowboys / monsters / you might want to ask them...all I know is they were cute.



And then you have the transformer/cowboy/musician/now you know why I said to ask them what they were outfit. So, that was most of our week. I had plenty more pics, but I guess they can't all go on here! Have a great week!