Sunday, September 18, 2011

At Home

I just couldn't pass up this picture...my little blonde hair, blue eyed girls. The expressions crack me up. It is exactly each of their personalities..."all grins and giggles" on the left, "Who me? I'm too cute to get into any trouble. Can't you tell?" in the middle, and "my poser practicing her princess smile" on the right.


Well, Bejmain and I were home for a big part of this week with strep! Yuck! It looks like I was coming down with it during the room painting weekend, but I thought my throat was sore from the paint fumes. I realized that I waited to long to go to the doctor when I woke up and couldn't yawn, talk, swollow, eat, or drink without lots of pain. I was at the doctor's office getting my much needed meds when Benjamin's school called saying he was sick. His throat only felt a little sore, but we thought he should come in and get checked out since mine was so bad. So we spent a few days laying in bed watching cartoons (and me trying to sleep a little). We both feel MUCH better now!


Having strep does not keep me from taking pictures of all the fun! Katherine got a birthday package in the mail. She has her new birthday clothes already set out waiting to wear them at her party. All the kids enjoyed the singing cards that she received and all the yummy kid cereal! I think next time I may try to get a video of her opening...it's a hard choice for me...I typically opt for the pictures :)


One excited little girl over all the cereal. This sweet little angel was found hiding boxes in her bed for later! :)


Benjamin got a new shirt for the fall. He looks like he is feeling much better already!


I could not pass up this photo moment. We have been noticing a lot of flies the past week and it has been very annoying, but the little vegetable store didn't seem to have very many. OH! I guess that's why! Just stick a bunch of sticky paper all around your veggies and "POOF!" No More Flies!! :) Genious! Although I didn't much feel like buying the veggies after reaching around all the flies.


So, the first day I feel better, my friend takes us out on a little lake for a few minutes. The kids were so excited to ride the boats. We never have ridden because I think it is over priced. The kids had a blast and I got a kick out of the life vests. Even little Lauren had to wear one and it went down to her knees.


We then went to the park next to the lake and had it to ourselves because the sun was out and people here are afraid of the sun. We gave it a second try at teaching friends how to play kick ball. It was a little more successful this time, but you really do need a slight knowledge of baseball to completely get it. At one point our friend had run all the way past "outfield" to try not to get out. Oh well. It still is a lot of fun.


At least once a month I download my pictures and find a few "extras" in the mix that I didn't take. I never have to ask who took them because this picture (or one very similar) is at the end fo all the extras.


This was the family project on Sunday. The kids had a mission to find 1 big stick, 10 small ones, and 10 leaves. They then got to tape them up on a big piece of paper. The papers read, "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning- the sixth day. Gen.1:31" Benjamin really impressed us with his retelling of creation. He had lots of details in there! Good job guys!!!