Tuesday, November 8, 2011

City Harbour

We just got back from a long weekend in Hong Kong. The kids had dentist appointments and Jonathan and Benjamin had eye appointments. All went great...no cavities and Benjamin's eyes were just fine (and Jonathan's prescription had not changed). We were also able to get a little birthday and Christmas shopping done while we were there and have a western meal. We enjoyed our time, but we are very glad to be home! The picture above was one of my favorites.


They were already decorationg the city for Christmas, so it was lots of fun to see. The kids enjoyed the mall by the harbor because it was decked out with Toy Story things. Here are all the kids standing in front of an alien Christmas tree. I think Katherine was pretending to be an alien or something :) I'm not sure.



Outside the mall, Regan was trying to be like T-Rex. I thought she did a pretty good job. She actually posed by everything they had set up.


We saw a guy feeding birds outside the mall. It was a good distraction while I ran in real quick to try and get a gift for one of the kids. So, Jonathan was repositioning himself to try and get a photo of the kids watching the birds when one of the friendly birds decided to poop on Jonathan's head. I told him that I would have taken his picture if I had been there, but since I missed it, I just got this picture and the kids telling me all about it. Thank goodness we had baby wipes packed and hand sanitizer! :)


Lauren craxks me up right now. When she knows you are about to take her picture, she poses. It's the same every time...hip to one side, head tilted, and a grin. Sometimes we get a hand on the hip, too. And don't worry, that is glass behind her. She is not going to fall in.


Another picture of Regan having fun.


We had a picnic on our way home. Well, it's at least a picnic table. It would have been great if it were in a park, but this is what I call a "big city picnic" (no grass anywhere) We always have a great time in Hong Kong, but I really am glad that we don't live there all the time. One: it is pretty expensive. Two: I think it would be hard for kids to have fun just by playing around. You are not supposed to be loud, climb on things, walk on the grass, or do anything that kids like to naturally do. I guess if we did live there, we would have found groups or activities somewhere for their outlet. I like being where we are and where the kids can just run and play. The kids really do enjoy visiting Hong Kong - there is so much to see and do!