Monday, November 14, 2011

We wanted to give you faces to 3 of the most helpful people we have had in learning language over here! They help us nearly every day....learning new things and just being available to help us when we have cultural questions or just need to practice talking. We would not be as far along in our language if it were not for these 3 friends!


This weekend we ran into a man who was making balloon animals. The kids really wanted to get one. I had already said no (thinking that they would be too much) but when we asked how much it was so cheap for such cool little balloons. It cost about 75 cents per animal. Benjamin got a spider, but we later decided it looked more like a crab, and Regan got a starfish (you can see it in the background).



Katherine got a person and Lauren got a mouse. They were so happy and I have been surprised that they have not yet popped!


This is my poser. She wants me to take her picture at every statue we can find. She will have fun with her facebook profile one day :)


And Lauren took this picture of herself. I thought it was cute.

Also, this week. My son opened a store. He put a sign on our front door that said "Benjamin's Store" He has been selling stuff to his sisters (mostly junk). My neighbor saw the sign and came over to see what he had to sell. He was quite the sales man and made some money...she even bought a stick that he brought in from outside because it was a one of a kind. :) He thinks he can save up enough money to buy a cat for me for Christmas...I don't think so. I did see the cat and it was adorable, but it would not work here. He's having fun trying though. He wants to go door to door, but we told him that he is not allowed. If we were in the States, he would love selling all those fundraising items for his school! :)