Monday, February 6, 2012

Per Request

Per request, we have added several pictures of Doggy Bones to the blog this week. I guess he was feeling a little left our of the "family" pictures. He made the move to Benjamin's room to sleep at night. He has not been sleeping in any bedrooms, but Benjamin was feeling a little lonely with all the girls sleeping in one room. So, now he has a roomate (and this is their wresting mat).

Just look at that cute face!



Even Katherine rolls around with the dog now. The dog loves it!!


The complex next door to ours has a brand new playground. The kids have been begging to go and play their. I have to admit, it's the nicest one I have seen in this country...they have "real" big kid swings AND the baby bucket swings. It's great.


The city is literally decorated with red lanterns everywhere to celelbrate the 2 week holiday. I hope they keep it this way. I like them all over the place. Oh, and do not let the lack of cars in the middle of the picture fool you. They had it roped off for some reason, but you can see that did not stop a few cars from moving the ropes and parking there anyways.


This year is the year of the dragon and today is the last day of the holiday. Traditionally, they light lanterns and let them float into the sky. We decided to let the kids stay up a little late and went to a park where we had heard that there would be thousands of people and lanterns going up everywhere. Well, this dragon was about all we saw :) It was a fun drive to see the city at night...it's been awhile since we have done that. Needless to say...no lanterns anywhere, but as soon as we got back to our apartment we saw one being sent up and saw lots of fireworks. I guess we didn't need to leave home after all.


This is VERY common almost any night of the week....people gathering outside to dance. It's quite difficult to get a good picture of it with it being dark and the people moving so much, but I thought I would try. This was the best that I got.


What a great smile :) Lauren was so proud of all of her work....


...what a great job writing all those characters!!! :)


These are two new friends! We met them at the playground and they are Regan's age. Their dad came to the playground to meet me and asked if they could come to our house and play sometime. SURE!! (I should have learned by now that that means: "We are going to show up at your house tonight at bedtime, ok?") They did some at bedtime and a one our pillow fight followed. They eventually found the kid's video games and wanted to know how much they cost (a very common question here...money is not a personal thing) It was time for them to leave and Regan asked if they could come back tomorrow...so they did...at 8:00am! I'm not sure when they sleep because we stayed up late to play and then we were still in pj's when they came back :) good thing kids can get dressed quickly.


This is a game tht some of the men play here. You use a whip like thing to hit the top and keep it spinning. It makes a loud pop every time. My favorite part about this picture is the guy in the SUIT in the back of the picture playing the game. I don't know why I think it's funny but I do. I just picture guys in suits sitting behind a desk, not playing games outside.


And then I decided to just take random pictures of the people while we were playing. So, I hope you enjoy.






This little boy was hilarious. He had the best smile, but he was so stiff trying to swing on the swing...maybe it had something to do with the split bottom pants....I'm sure the swing was cold :)