Monday, January 30, 2012

Sleepovers

This was the week of sleepovers. Regan had 2 sleepovers in one week. Then Katherine went over to a littel friends house to sleep and Benjamin had a friend over one night, too. Little Lauren did feel a little left out, but I think 2 is a little young for sleepovers :)


Since Lauren didn't go, she helped me walk Katherine over to her friend's house.


We made some homemade jaozi (dumplings) for lunch one day. I get better at it each time I make them. Maybe one day I will be able to make them without the help of my national friends.


We also made LOTS of sugar cookies. We had Christmas ones, Easter ones, Haloween ones, Thanksgiving ones, Valentines ones, and just random ones. It was a free for all.


We made the "paint" for the cookies, but the kids decided they also wanted sprinkles...so we did both.


Benjamin and his tray of cookies. He wanted to put them in himself, but i turned out to be more difficult than he thought. We recently rearranged a few things and the oven had to be moved, so it is a little awkward to get to now.


These were Regan's 2 favorites.


And then my baby girl decided to grow up...she fixed her own hair. Since when does a 4 year old know how to do a ponytail?? She was so excited and proud of herself.


And then you have our favorite...the Tennessee orange Lamborghini. We have seen this car once before and I did not have my camera. Benjamin was so excited to have his picture by it, but the picture was on my phone and I have not been able to transfer it to my computer. So, we now have the "real" picture of the car and...


...the picture of the picture on my phone. I think it is one of my favorites of Benjamin that I have. He said it's like a real transformer car because of how the doors open. I think he is hooked. Kepp dreaming, Buddy :)

We also wanted to try and give you a glimpse of Chinese New Year from our apartment balcony. A video does not do it justice because there were more fireworks going off that you could not see, but you can hear what it sounds like here during this time of year :)