Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Friends

 I am so excited that Benjamin has made several little friends this week.  It is usually a little harder for him to make friends because he usually waits for the boys to approach him.  Typically, the local boys are not brave enough until they reach 10, 11, 12 years old.  So, I was so happy and excited when these three boys came over to play with Benjamin (ages 7, 8,and 9)  They have spent all week outside together...and of coarse, some time inside, too.
 We went to meet another family.  Their son played his violin for us (and he was really good).  I wanted to get a video of him solving a Rubik's Cube also.  I have never seen anyone work one so quickly!  It was the most amazing thing I have seen a little kid do.  He must be super smart :)
 They showed us around a local park and took us for a paddle boat ride.  The "boy boat" decided to try and turn it into bumper boats, so we all got quite the work out....the "girl" boat trying to get away and the boy boat trying to catch us.
The same park also sold little turtle in these containers.  The kids were begging to get one.  They were cute, but I can't imagine they would live very long. 
 Well, here's half of the "girl" boat.  Katherine and Lauren even took a turn peddling.  They could hold the rails and just "run" as fast as they could.   Regan was steering the boat when she wasn't peddling.
 The day the little ones have been waiting for....they got to go to their school to pick up their bedding and their uniforms.  They tried them on at home and are soooo cute.  I did take pictures, but I'm trying to wait until the first day of school to post them in their uniforms :)  2 more weeks.  I think I can, I think I can.
 I can't believe how big they look with their bags.
 They tried really hard to carry their own bags, but they were just too bulky....especially when we added the uniforms inside the bags.  They have a different uniform for each season.  It's probably a good thing that they do it this way at this particular kindergarten because last year they always told me that Katherine should be wearing warmer clothes.  Now I will just send them in their uniforms.
 Somebody is SO excited to FINALLY have her school backpack.  She has been waiting for this day for a long time.  Every morning she wakes up, gets dressed, comes into our bedroom and says, "Do I get to go to school today?"
Oh, I almost forgot.  We also had several visitors this week.  This girl is a recent college graduate.  We met her one time in line at a KFC.  She called me and ended up coming to spend the weekend with our family.  (I thought it was funny that she and Regan were almost the same size.  I guess that's why people are always surprised at how young Regan is.)  We also had another family over for lunch one day and anther girl that I met came and spent several hours at our home with us.  We are so glad to be meeting so many new people and look forward to those relationships growing and look forward to meeting new people next week!