Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Field Trip

The kids have been looking forward to this for several weeks.  We have made friends with a handful of other foreigners that also homeschool.  They decided that we should all get together and go on a field trip.  It was a lot of fun!  I haven't been ice skating since we left the States!  We loaded up a bus a took the 2.5 hour drive to the rink and just let the kids play.  I was amazed at Katherine...she was really good...and Benjamin was so fast and looked so natural out there.  I was also so glad to see them making these memories.
We came prepared for the cold.  Outside is still in the 80's but it was fun to wear pants and jackets.
Regan made a new friend on this trip.  These two hit it off very quickly.  I hope we can get them together again soon.
Regan having fun!
Benjamin trying to skate on one foot :)
My other little speed skater.
Yes, I was out there, too. 
Lauren was not a big fan.  She decided that she would rather sit with the moms that were watching and play some game son the iPod.  Another little girl was so sweet and kept offering to hold her hand, but Lauren would not.  She asked me why Lauren didn't want to skate and Lauren piped up "BECAUSE I'm scared!"  Poor thing.  She even had a dream a couple nights later that she fell on the ice and hurt herself.  I guess she will not want to skip school if we get a chance to go again :)
McDonald's is the easiest place to eat (and fastest) with so many kids.  Katherine stole her daddy's hat during the meal....too cute.
Other big news....Regan lost another tooth!  Number 9  She was very excited about the "tooth fairy" coming to visit and about showing off her new space in her mouth.  Everyone she showed would say oh great did you throw it on the ground or on top of a building.  They are thoroughly confused as to why she gets money for it.  I even had someone ask me (very seriously) "If American teeth are not thrown on the ground then during the night it magically turns into money?"  When I tried to explain...well, let's just say I think I cleared it up but they think we are a little weird ;)