Monday, November 12, 2012

An Ordinary Week

 Well, I had another kid draw a picture and write their name...yep, this time it was Lauren.  She wrote her name in characters and then drew and L for Lauren and drew a curly headed stick figure :)  I love it.  By the time she is 4, she will probably be writing more characters than me! ;)
 We had some friends come over to play on Saturday.  They said they would come over in the morning (and in our past experiences with people that meant about 10:00am).  They brought their breakfast over and apologized for being late.  I'm glad I was dressed :)
 Benjamin love the youngest girl and she liked him, too.  She kept wanting to get in this little bridge but could not do it herself, so Benjamin kept carrying her to the top.  It was really sweet.
 Lauren enjoyed swinging with her doll.
 Oh, we did see some sort of skate club rollerblading through the city.  There were at least 200 of them....the line of them went on and on and on.  It inspired the kids and they all went home to get their skates on, too.
 Regan gave her first presentation this week.  She is learning American history this year, so I told her that she needed to make a poster and write a short story about Thanksgiving.  She presented it to us and did a good job.  I video taped it, too. 
 I stole this idea from my friend, Jenny Moore.  I thought it was a great idea and the kids have loved doing it and I love explaining to EVERYBODY that comes to our home why we have a tree on the door!  I can't wait until it is complete on Thanksgiving day.  It should be full of many thankful leaves. (everyone gets to put a new leaf on each day)
 I love that the weather is sometimes in the 70's now.  It means that the kids are all in their fall/winter uniforms.  I think they are extra cute wearing warm-up suits everyday....especially when you see hundreds of other little ones just like them.  This is a little girl in Katherine's class.  They wanted to walk to class together.
Katherine was very excited to have this shirt to wear!  I believe it was a shirt that her class wore last year for the end of school performance, but Katherine was no there.  Because all the kids are the same, they just pick a day randomly and ALL wear the shirt.  Katherine was so sad that she didn't match her classmates on those days, so her teachers bought her a shirt to match.  I had to pay them back, but that was fine with me.  She does so well at the school.  I am really proud of her and all the kids!