Saturday, November 3, 2012

Girl's Time

Regan and I took a trip this past week.  It was just the two of us.  Jonathan watched the others at home.  I met up with some other foreign ladies for a few days of relaxation and I dropped Regan off at her very good friend's house.  She has been looking forward to this week for a while.  This family moved the same time we did and so we have been planning how to get these girls back together.  We both had a wonderful time!
 This was our first day there.   You could not separate these two!  I'm so glad that she has been able to have such a good friend over here. 
 One of the gates of the city.
 The city we went to relax has quite a few foreigners there.  Regan and I were sooooo excited to find special western treats there (many that we have not seen in this country before)  So for breakfast, we went out for coffee/hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls.  YUM!  They were excellent!
 I opted for the cinnamon roll but my friend was adventurous and got the green tea cheese cake.  There is just something about green tea and cheese cake that just don't sound right :)  but you would be so proud...I DID try it and it was not bad at all.  When Jonathan saw the picture, he first thought the camera messed up the exposure. ha!
 We went shopping and had a great time bargaining for things.  I thought this picture was funny because I saw it and thought how crowded it was, but while I was there I did not even one time feel crowded or like there were a lot of people around.  I guess I have officially adjusted to the culture!  When we come back to the States I will probably be thinking "Where is everybody?" 
 The girls bought "friendship cowgirl hats"  They got a great deal on them, too!  If you ever want a good price on something, you should get a kid to do the bargaining.  I don't think they can turn them down.
 This was a sign at our hotel.  I'm still not sure what they were REALLY trying to say, but I think we weren't supposed to walk in the grass.  The sign says "Under the grass urge foot remains blue" hmmmm.  maybe they used google translate ;)
 On the way back home, the plane served us a snack.  I got a kick out of it....a black vacuum sealed egg, and a muffin (I think similar to cornbread) wrapped in a Merry Christmas wrapper.  No, I did not eat the egg.  I still can't bring myself to eat eggs that are black and have the name of "million year old egg."
 I was so excited to get home to see Jonathan and the kids only to find my son locked in my bedroom.  We managed to take the handle and lock off but still could not get him out.  We had a good conversation through the hole in the door though!
 The locksmith finally arrived and after about 30 minutes Benjamin was rescued.  I did feel much better that the locksmith had a hard time getting in.  He broke the lock into MANY little pieces and said he could come back the next day to replace it.
 It was also Halloween, so the kids all dressed up as Daddy.  It was so so so cute to see them walking all over the house like that. 
 The next day, the kids went to a baseball birthday party.  I think I had as much fun or possibly more fun that the kids did. 
This was Katherine's first time ever to play.  She did pretty good and even got a hit!  So that about covers our last several days.