Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Delicious!

I know the pictures are a little late, but I had the most delicious red velvet cake for my birthday!  It was wonderful! 
I had a great time celebrating.  We took the little two girls out of their school for lunch and all went out to eat pizza.  Everyone was excited.  The kids/Jonathan gave me a gift and we ate EVERY piece of pizza. 
This was the pitiful little face we saw when the waitress told us that there was no ice cream.  (We had already told the kids that since it was a special day that they could eat ice cream)  We figured maybe they were just out of the regular flavors (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry).  We thought maybe they would have mango, but it just isn't hot enough yet.  Oh well.  We have already bought the ice cream for Lauren's birthday at the end of the month :)  We didn't want to take any chances.
Oh, and this was the crazy hat that Katherine made me wear.  Katherine said that you HAVE to have a hat on for your birthday, so she went and got one of hers.
Jonathan had taken the little girls on a trip to explore while I was with the other two getting their testing done.  They saw the ruins of a church.  Jonathan was trying every angle to get the girls and all of the building in the background.
And here they are standing in front.
Later, when they were walking around, they saw this replica.  I love the self portrait! 
A day is not a day if you can't climb a tree or something else.  Katherine was thrilled to find a tree to climb.  She is my little monkey. 
Since we have all been back, we have gotten back into the flow of things.  Everyone is back in school full swing and staying quite busy.   We were out with the kids and found these piano steps that really played music when you walk on them.  I guess that is one way to get exercise!  Try playing chopsticks on this one :)