Monday, March 18, 2013

Field Trips

 The little girls had their first field trip at their new school this week.  We were all given these hats to wear.  I officially felt like one of those tour groups that you see at the airport or other places with the matching hats and cameras.  We were very stylish ;)
 The girls were so excited to get there and play with their friends. 
 Lauren found her classmate.  Each class rode on the bus together, but since I have two kids we had to choose one bus.  We decided to ride with Katherine's class.  I loved hearing all of her classmates call for her and Lauren was calling back to them.  Too cute.
 This park had a great playground for the kids.  They loved the tire swing.  I was very proud of the girls for being polite to all the people that wanted pictures with them.  They just wanted to play and have fun and not pose for a bunch of pictures with strangers.  They agreed to a few, but not all.
 The playground had a ship theme.  This slide was really fast!
 What is a park without cotton candy.  I said no at first, but then decided to use it as dessert if they ate a good lunch :)  I had two very happy kiddos!!!
 This was a picture in one of the museums at the park.  It is a traditional style of painting for this area.  It is always looking through a window at another scene.  The guy in the chicken outfit is selling candy.  Well, I wouldn't call olives candy but they do, so I will.
 The girls got to see a real puppet show.  I'm not sure I have ever scene one with the marionettes before.  It was cute to watch. 
 The park was on the edge of a river.  The girls became fascinated with all the big (and some little) boats going up and down the river.
 After the park they went to a farm to pick fruit.
 This was the prize papaya.  We hunted for a while  for this one.  Most of them were still green.
 Since the little two were going on a field trip, I decided to take the older to on a field trip of their own.  Benjamin has been studying world history and this week we had been talking a lot about different artists and sculptors in those time periods.  I thought it would be fitting to have a clay class.
 They had such a good time making their bowls/pieces of artwork.  I really wanted to do it also, but I was afraid we would not have enough time.  I might have to go back some time ;)  It looked like so much fun.
 Benjamin was concentrating so hard on his artwork.  He is my animal lover, so I thought it was very fitting that he made a cat and put on the side of his bowl.
 It's hard to see Regan's bowl from this picture, but she put a butterfly on hers with a squiggly line and her name engraved in it in English and characters.
 To top off this great week, Benjamin and Lauren got a birthday package in the mail.  Hooray! :)
He was just a little excited.  I love the expression on his face.
 And then you have the coolest Lego birthday card.  He also got a really fun light up yo yo.
Lauren was ready to tear into her presents.
 She got some princess shrinky dinks which she shared with everyone.  So thoughtful of her brother and sisters.  They worked on them and then got to watch them bake just before bedtime.
 Oh, yes, and Lauren's classmate had a birthday and gave everyone a bag of candy/treats.  Lauren could hardly stand it.  I think she had most of it eaten by the time we got home.  haha
And just for grins....this is the new sandwich at McDonald's.   I think I'll pass on this one.  I'm still not exactly sure what all the meats are on there.