Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Birthday

 I can hardly believe that my baby is four years old already!  She is definitely a little princess.  When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she told me that she wanted a pretty cake and pink.  So, that's what I tried to give her.  The picture above is her "pretty pose" under her Happy Birthday sign :)  Her birthday fell on Easter this year and so she was telling everyone that she was having and Easter Birthday.
 A group of our friends sang Happy Birthday to Lauren.  They made her feel so special!  They actually sand to her in 3 different languages.  It was a lot of fun!
 Here they are still singing to her.  This is a typical cake over here.  It is usually covered in fruit and this one has chocolate pieces along the side for decorations.  We got a good laugh when eating it because just in case you might light the cake and want to order one for yourself, they put their phone number on the bottom of every chocolate piece.
 One of Lauren's favorite people....she loved being the center of attention all day.
 When we got home, I finished her cake for her party that afternoon.  It was a strawberry (pink) cake with butter cream icing.  I think I was getting in over my head on the cake making stuff, but it turned out all right.  And most importantly Lauren loved it!
 The towers were the most interesting part (and time consuming part).  I had to save paper towel roles for weeks and then stock up on the ingredients to make the icing and try to pull it off.  The funnest part of the tower was going to McDonald's and ordering 7 ice cream cones with NO ice cream.  My friend told me that I was crazy and should have take a container from my kitchen and made them fill it up with ice cream to take home. haha
 Lauren couldn't stop looking at her cake.
 We followed our family birthday tradition of eating pizza.  Several of her friends came and got to see how we throw a birthday party.  I was told that it was fun and different from their custom (I already knew that but that's part of what makes it fun)  The biggest difference is that we wrap gifts and watch her open them.
 You are looking at one HAPPY girl because all 3 of her teachers from school came to her party!  This is the head teacher and Lauren just adores her.  I'm so glad they came.
Lauren's teachers went in together to buy her a remote control car.  They told me later that they asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said a car.  They wanted to know why she wanted a car and she replied that her brother had cars and she didn't. So that is what they bought her.  She ran over so many toes!  We finally had to put it up for awhile until it was a little less crowded.
 Opening some presents....a new DVD!
 And yes, we had other things happen besides a birthday.  This is Katherine when she realized that her tooth was REALLY loose and that she was going to lose her first tooth and get money for it.
 Katherine realized OH NO!!! my tooth is going to come out!!
 Pure joy and excitement....My tooth came out!!!
 The little girls school also had a coloring/drawing "contest" that the parents were supposed to come and kind of cheer them on as they colored.  This was Lauren's final product.  (The clouds and the purple flower were my creation per Lauren's request.  The parents were supposed to help with the background but Lauren did not want much help.) 
Katherine's was similar, but they had to draw the two bunnies and then color and use fabric to decorate it.  They both did so good.
And then of coarse, you have Easter morning.  The kids all have puffy eyes because they were still half asleep.  Mamaw got in late the night before and the kids got up early to see if they got any candy.  I think I may have gone back to bed after I took the picture :)