Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Travels

After we got Mamaw off to the airport, we stayed in a retreat of sorts for 3 days.  It was a retreat for us, but not a real resort....just a place away.  It was still in the middle of the city, but this hotel tried to make you forget that.  The kids loved it (and we did too)!  They had this great playground and every few minutes Lauren would point to the sky to show me the airplanes.  We were near an airport and right next to an interstate, but we really did forget all of that while we were there.  They had game and music rooms and a mini theater where you could watch DVDs.  It was great.
They had this little zip line.  All the kids wanted to do it, but were too scared when they climbed onto the platform.  Katherine was the bravest and went first....Daddy running behind her just in case she let go :)  Regan and Benjamin ended up trying it, too, after they saw that their little sister had fun.
Katherine enjoyed catching tadpoles.  I guess this is where living in Asia has helped out....she has the squat and balance thing down.  I would have fallen in!
The kids all slept together on blow-up mattresses.  I thought it might not work, but they were so tired at the end of the day that they fell asleep very quickly.
Regan giving Lauren a ride or Lauren choking Regan....I'm not sure which one ;)
A group of friends invited us to go on a day trip with them.  We had a lot of fun, but I came back exhausted.
This absolutely cracked me up.  Over here they use the slang "WC" when talking about the bathroom.  It stands for the British English "water closet" So when I saw a sign that had a dog on it with the letters WC I thought it was funny and had to get a picture.  I didn't realize it at the time, but the dog was actually "using the facilities"  Too funny.
Here's our girl playing hide and seek.
We all went to see the church ruins.  We got ice cream as a treat.  Lauren was upset because it was getting on her hand.
Proof that I was there :)  Regan was the only one that would get a picture with me.  I guess because so many people had already taken their pictures....they were over it.  I have one of my kids with this man and his wife and they are all making the grumpiest faces you have ever seen, but the couple did not care.  They just wanted a picture.
Here is a snapshot of us just walking around.  PEOPLE, people, everywhere!  This might explain some of my tiredness when we got home. :)
The day after we got back, Katherine had a performance.  Her class sang a song in English. 
 

The kids decided to do a show at the house for us.  Glow-up Boy and Glow Girl saved the day by saving Princess Katherine from the villain Lauren.
We had a half day of sun, so took the opportunity to go out and snap of few shots of Lauren and Regan.  They were the only two in the mood for pictures.
Beautiful girls
Lauren took her blow-up ball outside to play.  So many of her pictures are action shots.
I loved this picture, too.  It reminded me of when Regan had portraits done when she was 2 years old.  She did this same thing.  Some of you might know what picture I am talking about.  If I can find a digital copy of it, I'll try to put them side by side!