Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter and More

Yet again, it has been two weeks since my last post...not from lack of trying.  I have been saying that the internet is just too slow, which I believe to be the case last week, but this week Jonathan has had no problems.  It turns out that my computer is having problems and won't get on the internet.  Thankfully, I was able to get the pictures transferred onto Jonathan's computer and post this today.  We have been super busy that last little bit.  From homeschooling, to teaching English, to extra curricular classes for each of the kids that allows us to meet more people, to new friends and old friends, and everything in between.  Regan was able to complete her puzzle.  She did a great job and it didn't take her as long as I thought it would.  She enjoys a challenge :)
Lauren had gotten a "toy" for her birthday that helps kids make jaozi.  There is an art form to making them and the younger kids have not gotten the hang of it yet.  This is Lauren's all time favorite meal, so it was one of her favorite gifts.  She was so excited when we were having the dumplings for dinner  so that she could help out.
In science, we have been learning a lot about the microscope, bacteria, viruses, and much more.  The kids have enjoyed looking at everyday items and how they look different under the microscope.
We had a wonderful surprise!  The "high school girls" from our last city came to visit us.  They are no longer high school and all attend different universities in a large city nearby.  It was good to visit with them and talk about what is going on in their lives.  They wanted to know where the baby was.  I pointed to the little girl in the yellow dress.  They couldn't believe how much she had grown :)
We took the girls to a famous park nearby and spent some time.  The kids decided it was a good day for funny faces.
Lauren is in the middle of this picture.  The little girls' classes were having dance competition at their school.  Each class of each grade competed against each other.  I tried to get video, but ran out of battery.  They both did very good.
I absolutely loved the way Katherine's class did their hair for the competition.  It actually took me a minute to find her, but today she blended in a little more than usual.

Happy Easter!  I was awakened very early in the morning and thought to myself "Surely not.  My kids would SURELY not be getting into their baskets before I got a picture."  I managed to get up and go check on the kids and found that they had completely emptied their baskets and planned on eating candy for breakfast.  They quickly tried to reassemble the baskets so I could get a picture ;)
I found out from my little ones that the they always get Peeps for Easter (and Robin Eggs).  I'm so glad we got a special package with some Easter goodies for their baskets.  We added a couple things form here, too.  They are happy happy kiddos.
Our annual Easter eggs hunt....and yes, we drew lots of curious onlookers.
They enjoyed running around the complex hiding and hunting them.  The gardener was really confused why we were putting hard boiled eggs in his trees :)
Love this one!  This is the look when you have to watch everyone find the eggs that you have hidden and mom and dad won't let you tell.
Warmer. Warmer. Warmer.  Your Hot!  The green egg is in the tree.
I am glad they are fans of eating hard boiled eggs, but didn't really expect them to put the whole thin gin their mouth :)  At least we aren't waisting them!
Ok, so I have gotten used to seeing men carrying a purse or a "man bag" and many other things, but this was a little much.  I'm really hoping that he was borrowing his wife's leopard print motor bike.  At least he will always be able to pick it out of the parking lot ;)
With the summer heat, the pineapples have arrived!  It's one of our favorite treats in the summer heat.
Lauren's pink helmet broke and we still had the blue one that came with her skates.  She did not think it was beautiful like her pink one, so I told her she could paint it to make it beautiful.  She is now one happy girl and skating with an interesting  rainbow helmet.
Benjamin and I had a haircut date.  I was a little worried when the guy came out to do Benjamin's hair.  He had bright red streaks and long bangs.  I can't really describe him well....just think Asian punk rock.  Anyways.  It turns out that he was just the hair DRYER.  The hair cutter came out later.  We both enjoyed the 30 min head and neck massage that goes with it!  Benjamin said it's his favorite part of getting his hair cut.
Easter Sunday.
This was also a nice surprise.  Lauren's teacher gave these to me from last school year before we went back to America.  So cute.  I'm so glad she sent them to me!
Lauren's class last year.  There are 33 in her class this year!  She absolutely amazed me today when she went around and read all the kids' names to me.  I don't believe it will be too long before she can read more than I can!