Monday, August 11, 2014

Several Weeks


I cannot even begin to start to tell you all of the things that have been going on lately.  Let's just say that they have kept us so busy with other things that the blog was put on the back burner for a bit.  We have had lots of things going in our city, a trip to Thailand, three trips to the hospital, got matched with our son we are adopting, and have been ordering homeschool books, etc. OH, and my camera broke (so I have to rely on stealing Jonathan's phone on occasion to take some pictures).  I am sure I left a lot out but it's a start.  The picture above was because of the biggest welcomed surprise we had....our landlord decide that he was going to install an air condition unit in our living room!  I was so excited!!!  It has been incredibly hot and humid here.  It was a welcomed relief.  The kids decided it was the perfect box to make a school bus out of...I told them that they could keep it for 1 week and then it was going in the trash ;)
 Here is the picture of the unit...I LOVE it 79 degrees!!  So nice!!  It is typically in the 90's inside our home this time of year.
A friend made some adorable little dresses for the girls' dolls.  (Lauren actually has matching dresses but was not wearing it in this picture)

We finally made it to Thailand for some much need swim time and refreshment!  The kids made several friends at the pool and Lauren learned to swim!  YEAH!
Even though we were technically closer to the equator, it did not seem so hot here.  This is my proof...no sun bathing for this girl :)  she wants to warm up under her towel.
 We ALL enjoyed American style breakfasts every day!  Katherine was a fan of the waffles and bacon.  I got an omelet almost every morning..they were SO good!
 Riding in a tuk tuk to go get some dinner one night.  This little one on the right is full of it (hence one of the hospital visits for stitches in the back of her head) She has the biggest personality.

 We ran across an Auntie Anne's in Thailand.  We decided it would be a good place to go so we stood in the long line to get our pretzels.  When we got up there to order we realized why the line was so long.  It was FREE PRETZEL DAY!  Perfect!  My dad claims that I always order the most expensive thing on the menu but this is proof that is not ALWAYS the case....I just have good taste ;)
 Of course, Katherine found a bunny....her favorite animal.
 I really couldn't believe how grown up Katherine seemed to me on this trip.  Her facial expressions and everything seemed so grown up.  She was carrying a purse, with bubble gum and a pen inside, and took care of her own luggage ALL the time (don't try to help her...she does NOT want the help)  :)
 Our family of 6 (soon to be 7) all riding in ONE little tuk tuk.  The way these kids are growing, I don't see how we will be able to do this much longer :)
 A better view of our tuk tuk.  I am not so sure he went the shortest way.  He kept driving by other drivers honking his horn and pointing back at us...and also telling everyone what we paid him.  I guess we overpaid, but we thought it was a good deal at the time.  Oh well.
 My most exciting part of the day....Krispy Kreme.  Who knew!  I had heard that they were in the town, but after spending the entire day at the hospital with tests and unplanned biopsies (everything turned out fine) We decided that we would track down this American sensation.  And yes, we bought 3 dozen...don't judge ;)
 Everyone greets each other like this, so we thought it was great that even Ronald McDonald did, too.  haha!  I love my kiddos!
 Katherine got so excited about the candy store.  I said no, no, no, no, no, too expensive, no, not buying anything...and THEN they showed me the dark chocolate M&M's....how could I say no to that!  So, we bought one bag to bring back with us :)
 Now that we are entering the final stages of the adoption, we are buying some things that we had not purchased yet.  We bought a mattress, pillow, and sheet set for his bed.  We also bought a little outfit and stuffed animal that we will be mailing to him shortly.  Our whole family is excited to bring him home....hopefully before the end of the year.
 And what summer day is complete if you son't have a little army men set up all over the house preparing for battle.  (the green guys won)