Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Birthday

Happy 10th birthday, Benjamin!  What an amazingly talented and funny kid he is!  He has the best dreams and grand plans for life and I look forward to each new idea he comes up with.  When I asked him what kind of birthday he wanted (so that I had an idea of what kind of cake to do) he said that he wanted a Disney Infinity, Skylanders, or veterinary cake.  Hmmmm.  I'm not sure I got what he was looking for, but it worked out ok.  I had 2 Disney Infinity characters that I had saved from America for his birthday.  That is how I got away with calling this cake a Disney Infinity cake :)
 He enjoyed his cake and party.  We celebrated a day early because he wanted to have Easter as a separate day (but we saved a present for his "real" birthday anyways)

 Here is the birthday party crew on the way to play at the playground.
Jonathan fixed pizza...and again, it was delicious!
Easter morning.  
 Hudson's first Easter egg hunt.  It didn't take him long to figure out how to play the game.  He got a head start for the first 3 hunts and then we made him hang back with everyone else because he was finding the eggs to quickly :)  This picture cracked me up.  He was counting his eggs and telling me that he didn't have very many this time.

 My beautiful kiddos in their Easter outfits!
 One of our neighbors walked by while we were taking the pictures of the kids so I asked her to take one of our whole family.


 Selfies with Mommy :)
The kids painted some eggs and then we decided to paint our hands, too!

They are ready to go!  Lauren is so sweet trying to let Hudson know what is going on.  The other 3 were too excited.  He got a head start....they couldn't go until Hudson found the first egg, so they were cheering him on from the steps.

The hunt is on!
It makes me smile to see these two hunting eggs together.  Benjamin waited a long time for a brother :)
RUN!!!!
Trying to pass the time while Benjamin hid the eggs....and to keep little eyes from peeking too soon!
Not sure what he is saying here...giving hints? 
A little home school for Hudson.  He was working on the letter T.  He LOVES taxis so it was a perfect lesson.  Apparently, the taxi is supposed to be blue.
Finally got all my kiddos very first pictures together in frames.  The four on the left are one day old in the pic, the one on the right is 10 months old.  My sweet babies!
Also this weekend I went to the capital city to visit my friend in the hospital.  Her mom was having surgery and she didn't want to wait by herself.  On my way home I realized...OH NO! It's a holiday weekend. PEOPLE, PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!  I would have gone anyways, but I told Jonathan that next time I need to look at the calendar so that I am mentally prepared for the crowds.  This was ONE of FIVE lines that I waited in (or should I say herded through) to get a bus ticket home!
This little guy loves motorcycles!  He has been wearing a big motorcycle helmet around the house all day.  We used to have one before they changed the laws here.  Now we just have the helmet. :)